Ram Rebel Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
660 Posts
Took them a couple of months to get the letter out. But the dealer's going to check the website, anyway. Take it in. Preventative medicine! The letter is not needed, just another (older) method of communicating.

· Registered
449 Posts
7 issues including the axle recall fixed in 4 and a half hours, not too shabby. According to my paperwork my axle was replaced. I was hoping it wouldn't be, but now I can rest easy knowing it's corrected.

· Registered
67 Posts
My axle failed before I got the letter in the mail.

Case hardening comes off the shaft and the bearing begins to eat into the shaft - sending metal shavings through the whole diff. I noticed a growling sound coming from the drivers rear - thinking it was just a bearing before knowing about the recall.

I was without a truck for 3 days, which was no issue for me. My local dealer replaced the complete rear axle assembly end to end - as per FCA's recommendation.

One thing I must say about the FCA group - when they have recalls and warranty issues… They make it right.

All in all - i'm happy… And still LOVING the truck.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.