Ram Rebel Forum banner

RAM Rebel Packages: Which did you order?

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which of the four packages outlined below and in the poll above did you guys end up adding to your Rebel order?

• Remote Start And Security Group
  • Trailer Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group
  • Luxury Group
  • Rear Camera and Park Assist Group

Remote Start And Security Group
  • Remote Start System (N/A Manual Transmission)
  • Security Alarm - The Vehicle Security Alarm monitors the doors, liftgate and ignition switch for unauthorized operation. The horn will sound and the headlamps, parking lamps and/or turn signals will flash repeatedly for a predetermined amount of time, alerting you of unauthorized entry or operation.
Trailer Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group
  • Exterior Mirrors with Turn Signals
  • Exterior Mirrors with Courtesy Lamps
  • Power Black Trailer Tow Mirrors w/Manual Fold Away
  • Trailer Brake Control
Luxury Group
  • Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror (N/A T-Tow Mirrors)
  • Exterior Mirrors with Turn Signals
  • Exterior Mirrors with Courtesy Lamps
  • Glove Box Lamp
  • Overhead Console with Garage Door Opener
  • Power Folding Mirrors
  • Power Heated Mirrors (N/A T-Tow Mirrors)
  • Rear Dome with On / Off Switch Lamp
  • Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror w/Microphone
  • Sun Visors with Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
  • Under Hood Lamp
  • Universal Garage Door Opener
Rear Camera and Park Assist Group
The ParkSense® Front and Rear Park Assist System[1] helps you maneuver into tight spaces by indicating how close the vehicle is to large objects. It includes the ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera[2], which displays the area behind the vehicle on the Uconnect® Touchscreen when the vehicle is shifted into reverse.
  • 1. ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System - The ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System uses sound waves to detect nearby obstacles in and near the rear path of the vehicle to help you maneuver in tight spaces at parking speeds. Audiovisual indicators in the overhead display in the rear of the vehicle alert you to the proximity of most larger, stationary objects that might be outside your line of sight. Always check entire surroundings before backing up. ParkSense is a registered trademark of FCA US LLC.
  • 2. ParkView™ rear back-up camera is designed to assist the driver in detecting obstacles out of their line of sight during maneuvers. Always check entire surroundings before backing up.

·
Registered
462 Posts
With a lot of pre-spec`d models having already been at dealerships we`re bound to see these packages more in the initial batch of Rebels than others.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would the price of the Rebel go down after the initial batch with all the packages included are sold?
I highly doubt that will happen, no good reason I can see for them to do that and there's only so much they can lower price by which wouldn't be low enough to make a difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got my Rebel last Friday and my dealership is saying that adding the tow mirrors is "Incompatible" and the system won't let her. I'd like to confirm if anyone else has added the mirror after factory successfully. It reads that I will lose the "Auto Dimming External Mirror" and "Heated External Mirror" features from the Luxury group but still maintain the "External Turn Signal" , "External Courtesy Lamps" and "Power Folding Mirror" features. Can anyone confirm this? Thank you!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ordered mine without the trailer tow kit as I wanted the power fold mirrors.. but have the brake controller and all other packages..

Ordered my Diablosport inTune and unlocked PCM today as well. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am willing to give up the features i listed above in exchange for the tow mirrors. I have a Ram 2500 with the mirrors and they are AMAZING for towing. They making parking a breeze, and lane changes are safely executed without having to triple check my blind spots so many times.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am willing to give up the features i listed above in exchange for the tow mirrors. I have a Ram 2500 with the mirrors and they are AMAZING for towing. They making parking a breeze, and lane changes are safely executed without having to triple check my blind spots so many times.
You can just wait for 1AAuto to have the power fold tow mirrors.. they are supposed to be plug and play for stock 1500 power fold mirrors.. Saw on another forum that they will be released soon..

for me, getting out and manually folding them twice a day would get a bit annoying. Rumour is that you can use the 2500 power fold tow mirrors on the 1500 with power fold non-tow...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Are you saying that if I swapped the mirrors out with the factory tows, I'd lose the ability to power fold also?
Not sure. I know there was someone who was wanting the factory tow power folding but adding it to a truck that didn't have power folding from the factory wasn't possible.. but if you have power folding mirrors it may be a direct replacement.. they were waiting for 1AAuto to get the mirrors in since they couldn't get them directly from mopar.. not sure.. you can find the thread pretty easy on one of the other ram forums.. think it was ramforumz.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In addition to other things, the trailering bundle pre-wires the truck for a 7-stick trailer association, the kind that backings electric trailer brakes and trailer battery charging by means of the alternator when moving. It's altogether incorporated with the wire tackle and combined in the under-hood intertwine box.

The main thing missing is an electronic trailer brake controller. The present age Silverado choices list offers an inherent one, yet that choice isn't accessible on the Colorado.

This isn't irregular. Worked in trailer brake controllers in full-measure trucks are a moderately new advancement. So we essentially did what truck proprietors dependably upped until a couple of years prior: We introduced our own.

In the current past, pre-wired tow-bundle trucks would accompany a little sub-bridle that was full in a sack in the glove compartment or covered up under a seat. It'd have a connector toward one side and uncovered wires on the other. The thought was you'd join you're trailer brake controller to the exposed wires and connect the connector to a holding up repository under the dash.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts