Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car and Driver is saying and rendering the sub 1500 RAM based on a FIAT something or other...

Obviously the render borrows heavily from the Rebel. Will be based on the FIAT Strada once it the super cab version debuts next year...

Estimated Arrival and Price
Late next year, with a base price around $17,000. Maybe—Ram officials remain emphatically mum about a potential upcoming mid-size pickup.
2017 Ram Rampage: 25 Cars Worth Waiting For ? Feature ? Car and Driver

·
Registered
510 Posts
Things based on Fiats make me nervous. They are not regarded as a very good quality brand. I would wait to see how the trucks do for a while before deciding on purchasing one.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Not sure how good of an idea this would be, I guess if they can establish good sales with standard models, then making the move onto a high end trim like this will be viable.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Haha, I like the looks of that thing.

But anything based on a Fiat is just junk. I drove one of those Fiat 500s the other day and was struck by how cheap everything felt. Just junk.

·
Registered
462 Posts

But anything based on a Fiat is just junk. I drove one of those Fiat 500s the other day and was struck by how cheap everything felt. Just junk.
That's what I've been hearing about them, which left me surprised as I was expecting it to be of reasonable build quality.

They're just lucky it slots into a market with some real need, which what justifies them keeping sales going.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow a Subaru baja clone made by ram. That sure waters down the rebel image, I'm surprised it doesn't have the dart grill

·
Registered
1 Posts

You do realize the cost of the 500 right? they are a very inexpensive entry level car. its not going to have super nice interior pieces. it costs 15 grand.

too bad they won't build a real new dakota... chevy at least did good with the colorado...
The Colorado in my opinion is a failure out the gate. It isn't much smaller then a 1500, cost is insane (35k), and fuel economy isn't much better. All of these reasons led to the Dakota's demise. what chevy/ford/ram need to do is get to old school mini truck roots. A small, nimble low-optioned truck with a 4 cyl, possible 6, cheap truck. Something for little runs to stores, towing a small trailer, etc. starting price around 15k-20k. Not a ton of frills, fuel efficient. That is what is missing. The Colorado, Dakota, etc got too big. even the Tacoma is too big and fancy in my opinion.

·
Registered
462 Posts
^ Very true.

If anything Chevy should have move it a bit down segment although that would bring on a ton of hate from Chevy loyalists... it would in turn serve a bigger underserved market.

·
Registered
254 Posts
You do realize the cost of the 500 right? they are a very inexpensive entry level car. its not going to have super nice interior pieces. it costs 15 grand.

The Colorado in my opinion is a failure out the gate. It isn't much smaller then a 1500, cost is insane (35k), and fuel economy isn't much better. All of these reasons led to the Dakota's demise. what chevy/ford/ram need to do is get to old school mini truck roots. A small, nimble low-optioned truck with a 4 cyl, possible 6, cheap truck. Something for little runs to stores, towing a small trailer, etc. starting price around 15k-20k. Not a ton of frills, fuel efficient. That is what is missing. The Colorado, Dakota, etc got too big. even the Tacoma is too big and fancy in my opinion.
Ford Ranger... we still have one and its all of those things ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts

Of course, we do have to consider the vehicle's cost.

For around the same money, you can buy a Dodge Dart which is much nicer IMO. I was much more impressed by the Dart.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts