Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long has the Ram pickup used the same general grille design with only very small changes that most consumers won’t even notice? Since Ram became a separate brand five years ago? In fact, the same general grille design was used on the last model year of the Dodge Ram pickup.

Maybe it’s time for a change?

The fact the new grille’s first appearance on a regular production truck came on the top-of-the-line Laramie is an indication that Ram is looking to persuade owners of earlier premium Ram pickups to trade their old truck by making the new truck visibly different.
News: Ram grille change no big deal?Allpar Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep News | Allpar Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep News

·
Registered
510 Posts
I like the grille on the Rebel, especially because of the matte black finish. The Ram Laramie grille I am not as big a fan of though. It's just too much chrome or silver.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I like the grille on the Rebel, especially because of the matte black finish. The Ram Laramie grille I am not as big a fan of though. It's just too much chrome or silver.
For me it's the boldness of the grille, it complements the theme of the truck. Even in chrome it would still look great to me but of course chrome wont work here.

·
Registered
555 Posts
i don't care what anyone says, the new grille design is just disaster:

rather have the old design than what the laramie above has

·
Registered
510 Posts
I just think that it is trying too hard to be bold and manly. It needs to tone it down just a notch. Leave a little more up to the imagination. Let people notice that it is interesting rather than shoving the design in peoples' faces.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Too big, too chrome. In all seriousness, I think that the grille just doesn't have much design to it at all. It's not very creative.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts