Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Save $$$$$ and keep your truck with factory air ride. I drive a 2014 Ram 1500 Limited with of course factory air ride. I have gone through the frustration and dealt with the same issues that all air ride owners have had or will have. I have spent plenty trying to repair it but eventually swapped out all parts for standard suspension but was unhappy with the ride as the air ride is a much superior ride. I have recently put my factory air ride back in with a fix that is simple and permanent. I am very happy with the air ride back and look forward to driving this truck for a long time.
I have bypassed the factory air ride control system as it does not work in cold weather anyhow and installed a simple manual control system that allows the factory air bags to work very well using a manually pressurized system to inflate the air bags to a selected height. I do not have automatic height control or a selection of height choices but my suspension system works very well and should work well in cold climates. My system uses a manifold with 4 schrader valves and four pressure gages for each air bag to adjust and control the suspension. The existing factory system is completely bypassed and the new system is simple and effective.
If anyone is interested, I am planning on supplying the system for mechanically adept people for self installs or would install the system in my shop if necessary. Anyone interested can contact me by text or call on my cell at 204-773-0856. Duane

1 - 1 of 1 Posts