Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello RR Forum,

I'm a newbie but I'm not quite ready to show off my Rebel yet. I am in the middle of modding after purchasing the vehicle on the 8th of this month. I had some questions that my regular group of car friends could not answer unanimously. I thought I would come here to ask a group of Rebel owners about their thoughts.

I ordered the Gloss Black Fuel Couplers 20x10 with a -12 offset with a Toyo ATII 305/55/20 tire. That should put it slightly larger in diameter than the 285/70/17 stock wheels and definitely a bit wider as well. I am assuming based on my various forum(s) searching that this setup wouldn't have any rubbing issues. It should also keep the speedometer close to the same accuracy?

This next question is a bit more preference than anything else. I haven't actually seen this wheel nor the Couplers in person, only on videos on YouTube. They are Fuel Beasts and I'd like to also get it on a 20x10 but with a +1 offset to bring it closer in which again from reading the forums means it has less travel and less chance of rubbing. The question here is do you think this bronze-ish color would look good on a Flame Red Rebel?

These last questions are ones that I just thought of:

Would you go with a 305/55/20 tire or a slightly skinnier and slightly taller 295/60/20 tire?
Is 20x10 too large of a wheel to go on a Rebel that isn't going to be lifted?:nerd:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welp, I ended up going for the Fuel Beasts 20x9 with a +1mm offset and Toyo A/T 35" wheels. Unless I am measuring wrong it seems to be between 34 and 34.5 inches in diameter. Maybe I won't need the Revel Performance lift links I ordered? I'm going to the dealership tomorrow to have them put on and aligned.

·
Registered
159 Posts
That's about right.. a 35" tire is more like a 34.5" tire. I think you made the right choice with the 20x9 +1 instead of the 20x10 but that's just my personal preference. Hopefully the 35" will fit, but I have a feeling you might have some rubbing to deal with.

Either way, get some pics up here when you get them on!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep! Unfortunately, they would not clear so I will be waiting for my lift links to come in either tomorrow or Thursday.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Curious how this turns out for you. Im doing lift links as well but my plan is to only go up 1". Let me know how much lift you ended up getting and how the ride is. Good Luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Curious how this turns out for you. Im doing lift links as well but my plan is to only go up 1". Let me know how much lift you ended up getting and how the ride is. Good Luck!
I'll get the exact measurements for you tomorrow and the ride is surprisingly smooth under the new Normal mode height. I don't know if that is the result of the links or the suspension tech's adjustments he kept making to get it "just right" as he told me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Could I trouble you to measure your actual links, front and rear, and provide the lengths he set them at. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My expectations were that it would be rougher than it actually was before doing the link mod. It's held up pretty well these past months but I think I'm ready to get it lifted properly now with the BDS air lift kit 1623H.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts