Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know 44stevenson said you can't order the rebel with sunroof and ramboxs because it takes it over the weight rating. But when you watch videos of the trucks. Or even seen allot of photos. The 4x4 Hemi models have both the sunroof and ramboxs. Now can they break the rules on preproduction models and go over weight or am I missing something?

·
Registered
555 Posts
That's not very nice lol
Sad reality, but it happens, all to ensure it doesn't get them into trouble down the road.

Only time i've heard of pre-production vehicles being sold was recently with Mclaren, but they are rebuilding pre-production McLaren P1's to then be sold as official production models. In their case it makes sense.

·
Registered
254 Posts
but then why would they buuild pre production units in configurations that you cant buy and then give them to journos to test. Thats dishonest and false advertising!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I know 44stevenson said you can't order the rebel with sunroof and ramboxs because it takes it over the weight rating. But when you watch videos of the trucks. Or even seen allot of photos. The 4x4 Hemi models have both the sunroof and ramboxs. Now can they break the rules on preproduction models and go over weight or am I missing something?

I wonder if thats only exclusive to the V6's? or the RWD's???

·
Registered
555 Posts
but then why would they buuild pre production units in configurations that you cant buy and then give them to journos to test. Thats dishonest and false advertising!
Not sure why but if that's what they doing then one thing for sure is it can't be sold in the way regular vehicles are.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fyi, I went to dodge dealorship today and ordered a rebel with ramboxes and sunroof. Definitely an available option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
where can I order a rebel
thanks dell

·
Registered
51 Posts
Config with hemi, 4x4, rambox, sunroof, took advantage of nearly every available option except smokers pkg.

I hope that works out for you, unfortunately my regional supply chain manager told me it was not possible and the system wouldn't let me order it. I just double checked and it shows that you can order it like that now, however. ... sometimes the ordering system will let you select options that are not available. Perfect example, last year it allowed us to select Rambox on a dually, that obviously never happened. Keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I hope that works out for you, unfortunately my regional supply chain manager told me it was not possible and the system wouldn't let me order it. I just double checked and it shows that you can order it like that now, however. ... sometimes the ordering system will let you select options that are not available. Perfect example, last year it allowed us to select Rambox on a dually, that obviously never happened. Keep your fingers crossed.
Thats interesting. Is he sure its not just the V6 or something thats restricted?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I contacted my dealer to make sure everything was in order with the ramboxes, sunroof, 4x4, v8, etc. He said yes and gave me the vin number of the build that was occurring. Will keep fingers crossed that options apply.

·
Registered
21 Posts
From what I understand, the rambox/sunroof restriction was on the 2015. You can order them on a 2016. Don't know what the difference is, but that's the explanation I was given.

·
Registered
555 Posts
From what I understand, the rambox/sunroof restriction was on the 2015. You can order them on a 2016. Don't know what the difference is, but that's the explanation I was given.
That's what I noticed going through the configurator recently although it wasn't my focus, I do recall seeing that option open for quite a wide range of Ram 1500 trims.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts