Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , I am looking at getting some running boards for my truck but not sure about the fit. I was looking at go rhinos rb10 boards but they say it won't fit due to a brace on the front rocker.

Can anyone who has boards take a pic of how they are attached to the truck in the front. Trying to see if I can make something work. Thanks!!

Otherwise I am thinking about going with deezee nxt's

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the brace that I am talking about.

Does everyone have these? If you have running boards installed was it removed? The middle and rear are normal but the front you can see, is blocked by that bracket. ever set of boards that I can find looks to use the hole in the middle but I can't find instructions for installing mopar ones to compare.

Go rhinos customer support has been great about answering me and they said they have seen more of these lately. I am wondering if ram made a change.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i used mopar running boards, they dont use the top hole.
for some reason i'm not too sure i have that brace. time to jump under the truck for a look

·
Registered
555 Posts
for some reason i'm not too sure i have that brace. time to jump under the truck for a look
Mopar probably figured out it would be an issue, plus they are Mopar after all. Would be great if more aftermarket companies can follow OE practices closely.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so the mopar ones dont use the top hole and just bolt into the bottom two that have threads already? I thought that might be the case but didnt know if those two would hold the weight or if it needed the top to stabilize or spread it out. I figure with two other mount points it wouldn't be an issue but I was just curious.

Im going to a friends shop this afternoon to modify the bracket and mount my boards.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put on the NFAB wheel to wheel 3 step running boards. I like them. Not as sturdy as I thought they would be. The fit and finish is perfect! I had to go out and pay 5 or 6 dollars for some different bolts because of the issue you are talking about. I know those threads are metric. I can't remember the specific sizing....?10mmX1.5?. Something goofy like that. The hardware store down my road let me grab a handful of different bolts to try out. Good luck

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Got mine installed and they look great. We ended up just chopping off the top of the mounting bracket with a saw so it just uses the two bottom bolt holes for the front drivers side, no issues with it moving. On all of the other mounting locations still used the L shaped part that is meant to hold everything in place but just let it sit sideways in the rocker panel since the bottom already has nuts and its not needed. There is a lot of room for adjustment but I pushed them in almost all the way so they were flush with the mounting brackets. You can actually go in more but then the brackets stick out up to about 1/2 inch.

·
Registered
133 Posts
ok so the mopar ones dont use the top hole and just bolt into the bottom two that have threads already? I thought that might be the case but didnt know if those two would hold the weight or if it needed the top to stabilize or spread it out. I figure with two other mount points it wouldn't be an issue but I was just curious.

Im going to a friends shop this afternoon to modify the bracket and mount my boards.
mopar has 3 brackets per side, each bracket is held in by 4 screws
uses the 2 holes in your picture as well as the 2 holes underneath . The mopar brackets are very well engineered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts