Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My last RAM I purchased a MaxCare lifetime warranty for $2300 and never used it. Traded it in on the Rebel at 50k miles and never had a single issue with it. I got about $1200 of that $2300 back.

I can purchase the exact same lifetime warranty online for the Rebel at $2730. My dealership wanted $3700 and I said no way.

I would only consider the Maxcare lifetime since it has no time or mileage limits and covers over 5000 components. Many more components than the AddedCare Plus 2200 components (next level down) for around $1500.

My justification for purchasing is that these transmissions are around $10k to replace and I normally do keep my vehicles for for a long time. The only con with the lifetime is it is not transferable.

This is a legit, real chrysler warranty sold through dealerships. I have found that your local dealership is not always the lowest quote. My local dealership sold me a 7yr 100k mileage warranty for $2300 on my previous 2014 RAM and later I went online and got a quote from another dealership for the lifetime for $2500. I went back to my local dealership with quote in hand and told the finance person he can either cancel the 7/100 AddedCare plus or they can upgrade me to Lifetime. They choose to upgrade at no additional cost.

I am looking for opinions regarding making this decision. Would you purchase the extended warranty?

·
Registered
20 Posts
We got the unlimited miles/years warranty. Since I tend to keep my vehicles for a very long time (last RAM was 15yrs), We figured an extra few bucks on the payments wouldn't hurt too bad. I believe it's the Mopar warranty we got. It covers everything except wear and tear. With all the whistles and gizmos these trucks have nowadays, and expecially the air suspension being so new tech for RAM, I ain't gonna fix that stuff. A bumper ain't $100 at the boneyard anymore, and it's not a simple 4-8 bolts either.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would say get the OEM Max Care warranty if you are like me and keep a auto more than 10 years. I have this coverage it on all of my vehicles. I go to my dealers website and print the quote which in around $1,000 lower than they want during the purchasing paper work. Heck, just the cost of the radio unit will cost more than the warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts