Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Been hitting up some dealers to see who'd get them first, and got notice last night from one of them that was selected to get a couple. Check out the order form. I was very surprised at the price...$51K? That's RAPTOR pricing...

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I thought the 8 speed was what it came with. I was only wanting the hemi, lsd, and ram box. Upgrade stereo also. And sun roof. If that would put me over 50 thousand and out of the game. It's to bad because I was really liking this truck. If I was ever going to spend that kind of money i would lean towards the raptor. Guess I will keep a eye on this still but am looking at other trucks now:(

·
Registered
510 Posts
It's definitely a bit more than I was expecting. Too bad the "group discount" is $0 LOL. I'll still consider the Ram Rebel but I'll have to be really convinced by it to shell out that much.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I thought the 8 speed was what it came with. I was only wanting the hemi, lsd, and ram box. Upgrade stereo also. And sun roof. If that would put me over 50 thousand and out of the game. It's to bad because I was really liking this truck. If I was ever going to spend that kind of money i would lean towards the raptor. Guess I will keep a eye on this still but am looking at other trucks now:(
Raptors look even better in price if you're willing to go used, even more as the next generation Raptor is coming out, more to hit to used market when that happens.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Raptors look even better in price if you're willing to go used, even more as the next generation Raptor is coming out, more to hit to used market when that happens.
That's what I am thinking now as well. I was really disappointed about the price point, especially reading the car and driver article that mentioned it would be mid to high 30's.

·
Registered
254 Posts
****... the whole time I was under the impression this was a mid level pack, now they do and drop us in the premium end. Its cheaper to just buy a tradesmen with a HEMI and get a pro lift done locally. Really not cool...

·
Registered
129 Posts
That's what I am thinking now as well. I was really disappointed about the price point, especially reading the car and driver article that mentioned it would be mid to high 30's.
Quick scan of craigslist shows at least 10 in the $20-40K bracket within maybe 50 miles of me... Depending on Fords pricing on the '16 I might be tempted by the factory warranty...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Seems that Jalopnik thinks that we are overreacting to the price.

User campbellsoutlaw posted this spec sheet to RamRebelForum.com not long ago. The “Prem Cloth Seats w/Emboss Trear Ptrn” would indicate it is indeed the new Rebel.

Seems like a lot of folks on the forum are disappointed that it’s on the expensive side, and like all trucks it kind of is, but I don’t really get the surprise here. We live in an era when a top-trim Chevy Colorado or Toyota Tacoma is about $40,000, remember?

·
Registered
555 Posts
While it is more than some wanted it to be, it's price just enough to get those same folks to push a bit more to own a Rebel if they really want it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Seems that Jalopnik thinks that we are overreacting to the price.
Yea but the Rebel was never billed as a Top trim. Something like the FX4 F-150 isn't a top trim pack either and it too adds skid plates, different shocks and a change in visuals...

f150 platinum starts at $51K
1500 Laramie Longhorn starts at $46K

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am skeptical

I have been following the Ram Rebel for awhile now and just registered to say that I am skeptical that this is accurate information. Sounds more like a dealership put this together to get some of the eager early adopters to lock in at a higher price.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Guys,

Been hitting up some dealers to see who'd get them first, and got notice last night from one of them that was selected to get a couple. Check out the order form. I was very surprised at the price...$51K? That's RAPTOR pricing...

Now I'm not to familiar with how pricing goes on ordering vehicles. But how can a truck that only comes equipped with the air suspension have it as a $1700 dollar option. Shouldn't that be $0 like the seats are if this is a legit order form?? Correct me if I'm wrong. Like I said I have no experience with this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was wondering that myself. I'll buy one for 50 otd At the most with options, otherwise I'll get a sport with Airride with new tires and go anywhere the rebel will. Or get a suspension lift and go way more places.

Figure it out dodge. You built it for the people. Let's let them justify the purchase with a realistic price tag.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts