Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would using a power washer damage the Rebel in any way? Asking because I saw a youtube video of someone doing it and I also happen to own a power washer.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Nope, once you're not using some crazy industrial strength pressure washer lol. If you're really worried, keep 6 inches or so between the nozzle and the paint.

Sidenote, this video is extremely satisfying to watch for some reason

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, it's always oddly satisfying to watch a layer of dirt get stripped away by a power washer. Pretty sure my washer isn't industrial strength...Should probably check the pressure first.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Even with a very high pressure washer you can always select wider tips that spread the water and reduce the force on the truck. And you can keep the tip farther away from the truck, which also reduces the force. I've used mine several times, but I put a 40 degree tip on it and keep it about 10" away from the vehicles. It's a 2700psi washer, and with a 15-20 degree tip it peels paint off wood at 4".

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use a 25 degree tip on a 2700 psi washer. if I have a stubborn bug or dirt spot, I will get it pretty close and haven't had any issues at all. It has even been safe for the plasti dip on my front RAM letters and wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts