Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately my Rebel didn't come with the power sideview mirrors but they sure would be helpful when squeezing into my garage after my wife parks too far on my side :)

Does anyone know how to upgrade these, is it a pain, expensive, part number, etc.? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Randy,

Did you ever have this done? I asked a couple dealerships around my area and one said they could do it while the other said that it isn't possible because there is no harness that would fit. The one that said they could quoted me $436.oo for the mirrors and around $150.00 for labor. I am in the same boat as you with having to squeeze in and out of a garage and considering I am intending to keep this truck a long time, getting in and out to fold the mirrors is getting old.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, not yet. I talked to a couple of dealers and I was quoted about the same as you. I'm getting a little tired of folding in my mirrors, too, and if I get a reasonable solution/price I'll let you know.

·
Registered
57 Posts
No, not yet. I talked to a couple of dealers and I was quoted about the same as you. I'm getting a little tired of folding in my mirrors, too, and if I get a reasonable solution/price I'll let you know.
When I ordered mine I was told the towing mirrors do not power fold and it isn't an option. I tow. I have a wide snowmobile trailer so require the wide mirrors so I ordered the towing mirrors.

I will miss my current truck's power fold/extend mirrors. So will the people who part next to me in a parking lot.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Folding mirrors really should be standard or at least an option on trucks like this. If you have to park them in a garage or drive in the city , it is invaluable.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah I wish it came standard (as well as an LSD for that matter) but it is what it is. This weekend think I will do the taxes and see where I'm at before I fork over $600.00. Those of you with it do they fold completely in ? Just asking because when I go into my garage, yes it is a matter of inches for me and if they go all the way in no worries, but if I still have to fold them in a bit manually it will be pointless to do.

ufokillerz, thank you for the information but I didnt see where it said they folded in and secondly, there is no way I could trust myself to put these in myself and if I have a dealership put them in they will be covered under my MOPAR lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
57 Posts
For good measure I emailed A1 and they responded almost instantly that their mirrors are replacements for factory options so if there is no factory option there is no mirrors by them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dammit. You had me all excited and ready to go to the dealer and tell them to not order the towing mirrors... and then while looking into it on their site I see:

on one of the other forums, they advertised it and theres a big thread. They are probably sold out of the powerfolding tow mirrors that are a direct replacement. They only have the powerfolding ones for retrofitting over nonpowerfolding at the time it seems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts