Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Painted lower rockers, blacked out front RAM, exhaust tips and skid plate using Matt finish Plasti Dip. Also added a bakflip fibermax folding bed cover. Sorry no pictures of the exhaust tips and bed cover. Forgot to get some.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is the standard Matt Black plasti dip. It is $6 a can at Home Depot. One can would do almost 4 coats on one side or two coats for both sides. I am very pleased with it. I learned a couple of things that will help make a better job next time so if you are thinking of doing your rockers let me know. I can take some pictures of the inside of the door wells. That is really the only place I messed up when pulling the tape off. I should have waited and done that last instead of the same time I was painting the outside.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the two tone mojave sand but like the matt black instead of the factory black they they use on the two tone rebels, now thinking matt black wheels. How does the plastic dip hold up? Thanks for the pictures I'm sold on the looks of the plastic dip.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't care for the gloss black from the factory either. The matt finish goes very well with the rest of the black on the truck. You can not tell the difference.

So far it appears to be holding up solid. I have not had it on very long nor have I been off road yet so time will tell how durable it really is. The cool thing is, it can be removed and repainted extremely easy. This plasti dip is some amazing stuff for the average person who wants to paint but don't necessarily want to take the risk of using regular paint.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry missed the part about the wheels.

I'm debating on blacking out the wheels. I originally was considering doing it then I started to appreciate the wheels the way they are, just a little.

I am considering doing it since it can be removed if I don't care for it but may wait a week or so before I decide. .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks great, I did the skid plate, tail pipes and lower panel as well. Lesson learned when removing tape is to spray a heavy coat of plasti dip on the tape line, wait about 5-10 seconds, then remove the tape at a sharp angle. Gives a clean line that way, had to redo the doors as the first time I had a lot of peeling of the plasti dip. Still need to do the front RAM emblem. The tail pipes have held up well did those about a month ago, watched some videos on youtube of others that had done it to other vehicles and they had no issues with it either. Also, I get mine washed at a touch car wash often, but have had no issues with the plasti dip peeling from this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts