Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks like snakeoil to me. It's just intercepting the standard TPS signal and changing it before it gets to the PCM. Not really changing the throttle response like if you altered the program. Basically it appears to just fool the PCM into thinking you floored it when you might only be at half throttle.

As for the 'reviews' on Amazon....most of the review appear to be planted IMO. I work in eCom there are a number of companies that specialize in creating and posting nice reviews for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Installed Pedal Commander on my 2017 Rebel and it does drastically improve your throttle response and lag time. Pretty impressive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is it really worth installing- Let me hear from Rebel owners who have actually installed it.

I need to get better MPG most of my driving is highway

So far I did the Mopar cold air intake and am getting 1MPG better at 70.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I installed this on my 2016 Rebel and I really love it, I let my son test drive my truck before and after and said holy crap. You get instant response because it does trick the PCM. I use city mod most of the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought one to try it out. I figured if I didn’t like it I would send it back. I’ve had it installed for about a week and I can’t imagine driving without it now. Pedal response on and off throttle is much improved.

I haven’t had it installed long enough to determine if it will help with mileage, but I did notice that ECO stays activated more constantly. There is a 5 mile stretch of road near my home that has 4 gradual rolling hills with a 40 MPH limit. Without the Pedal Commander, I would have ECO going in and out throughout the 5 miles. With the PC installed, ECO now stays on the entire length of the road. My guess is with the steeper throttle map of the PC, the Rebel’s stock computer is only reading a light throttle therefore allowing more ECO engagement. Time will tell if it will help with my mileage. I typically see 14.5 to 15.5 average MPG on my dash in my daily city driving. My dash is showing 17.1 at the moment with my week of driving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought it and I am not disappointed. It makes the truck fun to drive again. I bought it from Moe's with a discount code that I read from one of these threads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It shouldn't. It's simply plug and play. With no lasting effects on vehicle while in use or not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Pedal Commander will not interact with your computer and won't void your warranty.

It is a simple (less than 5 minute) install and wakes up the throttle. And its customizable...want more response? Turn it up...want less? Turn it down. Its am amazing little piece of equipment.

Highly recommended.

·
Registered
88 Posts
This is basically a way to configure throttle boost on the fly like what can be set with a diablosport i2 or trinity.. The big difference is that you can adjust it without having to reflash the PCM again!

Now if you want a little 'shock'.. drive with it in ECO mode most of the time and get used to it.. Randomly set it to sport+ mode at lunch with friends and then leave it there for when you go to leave the parking lot after work.. imagine the surprise when you are expecting ECO mode and instead spin the tires like a fool..

This thing can get you in trouble for sure. best to make a habit of looking to see what mode it's in. :) wish there was a 'bing' noise or something reminding you that you are in sport+ mode..

ECO mode does help with mileage.. really smooths out the acceleration curve.. really doesn't let you stab the throttle and launch..

Overall, even with me already having an I2, this is a welcome addition.. I found myself not using the throttle boost functionality of the tuner since it was not suitable for all conditions... I suspect that eco may be a good mode to use for snow..

·
Registered
19 Posts
? on the install of the Peddle Commander.- I have the Chrysler lifetime warranty on my Rebel will this void it ?
I also paid for the lifetime warranty on my Rebel. I liked the idea of it, but with so many mods that I want to do, I'm worried about voiding this warranty. So far the only thing I've done is install a Flowmaster super 44 muffler. What about you?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Will not void the warranty. Takes about 5 minutes to install. It runs inline with the excellerator output. It does not improve horse power or torque. Decreases lag time when excellerating. It does not have any effect on the PCM. If you are worried about warranty work, you can remove it in about 5 minutes before you bring truck in.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts