Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 RAM Rebel in Flame Red. I was considering to have the silver brush guard plate painted black to match the rest of the black paint trim along the bottom of the truck, the fender flairs, etc. I found a picture of the Rebel Black Edition which has it painted black, see pic. Has anyone painted theirs black or have considerate it?
Rebel Black Edn.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
I painted mine black. Sorry, I don't have a picture of it to post at the moment. But it looks so much better black IMO. I used plasti-dip so I can remove it easily if I decide to do that. After living with it for a couple of weeks I think I'm going to either cover it with bed liner or have it powder coated. I'm not sure paint would hold up well in some of the areas I drive.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
My buddy paid to get his lined. Turned out great. I'll get a picture of his truck when I see him next. He plasti dipped his first but it got chewed up after about a month from rock chips and driving through fields. He said that the local linex dealer only charged him 100 bucks. He removed it and brought it in.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't expect the plasti dip to last. I just wanted to see how I liked the look, and I wanted to be able to easily remove it either to keep it original or go with another option to make it black.

How difficult was it for your buddy to remove? I've read that it's a lot of work to remove, and some people say that they wouldn't do it again if they got another Rebel. They'd rather live with it the way it came.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I painted mine black. Sorry, I don't have a picture of it to post at the moment. But it looks so much better black IMO. I used plasti-dip so I can remove it easily if I decide to do that. After living with it for a couple of weeks I think I'm going to either cover it with bed liner or have it powder coated. I'm not sure paint would hold up well in some of the areas I drive.
Did you remove it or simply tape around it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I taped around it since my main purpose was to see if I even liked the look. Took my time though. I'm pretty anal when it comes to masking and painting. So far it's held up very well. I can't see any places where it looks like it's been damaged by rock chips. I'm very happy with the plasti-dip. If it ever does start looking ratty I'll have it lined.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts