Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just ordered my Rebel, and I have no idea where to start in regard to tire size increase, suspension mods, or exhaust. (sorry for all the questions)
1-What is the largest tire this truck will accommodate without any rubbing or interference?

2-How do you lift it? Are spacers being used, or is there a way to adjust the air springs with longer sensor links or something of that nature?

3-Who makes an aftermarket shock for these trucks (King/Fox/Bilstein)?

4-What CIA/exhaust upgrades are being used, and are there any horsepower figures?

5-Are aftermarket parts the same for the Rebel as any other Ram 1500? (aside from suspension)

Thank you in advance!!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Whats a 17 inch rebel? Seems kinda small...

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Hey guys, I just ordered my Rebel, and I have no idea where to start in regard to tire size increase, suspension mods, or exhaust. (sorry for all the questions)
1-What is the largest tire this truck will accommodate without any rubbing or interference?

2-How do you lift it? Are spacers being used, or is there a way to adjust the air springs with longer sensor links or something of that nature?

3-Who makes an aftermarket shock for these trucks (King/Fox/Bilstein)?

4-What CIA/exhaust upgrades are being used, and are there any horsepower figures?

5-Are aftermarket parts the same for the Rebel as any other Ram 1500? (aside from suspension)

Thank you in advance!!!!!
The largest tire you can fit on a factory set up with very minimal to no rubbing is 35" in MOST cases. Depending on the tire, the actual tire spec will differ...ie tires that have heavier built sidewalls or lugs on the sidewall. I know that someone will chime in that's done 35" tire with the factory set up as off the top of my head I can't seem to remember the exact tire brand.

The air suspension can be "fooled" by either buying or making adjustable sensor links. The ones you buy are 250 plus but you can make some for well under 50. I made some for my truck and LOVE them.

Ahh...the CAI question...haha. To be honest, I'm not a fan of the CAI's as the engineers at Ram designed the truck with the factory intake being the best for getting cold air into the engine while being the best at keeping water out. There are tons of CAI systems on the market but in most cases their performance gained is minimal at best. My suggestion is if you don't plan on tuning the engine, just leave the factory set up!

Most parts are compatible between the trims but some are not. An example of this is the grill. You can't take a grill off of an SLT and put it on the Rebel because the bumper is different changing the how it is mounted and molded into the rest of the trim - so since the grills are different, aftermarket grills would have to be ordered specifically for the Rebel. What components specifically were you looking for? We can definitely help you get pointed in the right direction with compatibility.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts