Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
They neatly solved any lug nut removal problem - my truck did not come with locks. Anybody else or just me. I don't think my son's Rebel has any either.

·
Registered
660 Posts
If you decide to buy some: I bought a set of Mopars from the dealer. They stick out further than the other nuts, and they're bulkier. Plus they seem to be corroding fast, and they're no longer shiny like the rest of the stock nuts.

I'm going to replace them with a set of spline nuts.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
They neatly solved any lug nut removal problem - my truck did not come with locks. Anybody else or just me. I don't think my son's Rebel has any either.
Mine didn't come with them either. Weird because I thought I was the only Rebel that didn't come with them. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

If you decide to buy some: I bought a set of Mopars from the dealer. They stick out further than the other nuts, and they're bulkier. Plus they seem to be corroding fast, and they're no longer shiny like the rest of the stock nuts.

I'm going to replace them with a set of spline nuts.
Be careful with the spine nuts! I work in a tire shop and sell them. Most spline nuts are not "security" nuts as many use a generic spline pattern - I have only seen a few splines that are different. I've seen quite a bit of stolen wheels and customers come back in wondering why they were stolen after they bought spline nuts. I always have to remind people that spline nut keys are most always the same and they are easy and cheap to get. I would suggest getting a nice set of security locks. As mentioned above, the Mopar brand ones do corrode fast so if you don't want discolored/corroded lug nuts over time, avoid those.

Reactions: johnj

·
Registered
660 Posts
Locking lug nuts are not standard on the Rebel. Or on the Ram or Jeep lines at all, as far as I know. But they're a cheap option.

You can get spline nuts in sets with matching locks. Gorilla makes some decent ones. Not sure about other brands.

The hard part is determining which ones are the best fit for the rather small holes in the wheels. I want a black rather than chrome set.

·
Registered
451 Posts
The dealer must have thrown some on mine before I picked it up. And I can also confirm that they corrode fast.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
The dealer must have thrown some on mine before I picked it up. And I can also confirm that they corrode fast.
Yeah, it's a shame how fast they corrode.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got hosed on those locking nuts, charged 149, and 100 for the spare tire lock which doesnot exist. I didnt notice this until too late. Anyway I have the all black Rebel interior and exterior no chrome silver nothing, except stupid chrome capped nuts. So I replaced them with Black nuts which set me back but looks so much better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts