Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed my oil myself and what a mess. The oil filter is located in such a place that it is difficult to unscrew and more difficult to get it out without spilling what's in the filter all over the electronic PS.

Has anyone found or tried to relocate the filter to a more convenient place? Is it possible to do?

·
Super Moderator
451 Posts
I've seen a remote filter kit mentioned, they should be out there.

A hack for the oil filter is to put a large ziploc bag over it once you crack it and keep the bag close to the block as it begins to spill.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I installed an oil filter relocation kit on my 2017 Rebel. I don't remember the part number but there is another thread here that has that info I believe.

I tried the ziploc bag trick on the first two oil changes. It failed dramatically. There wasn't really enough room to keep the bag over the filter for all the turns that are required to remove the filter. I probably made more of a mess than I would have if I had just let the oil drain without using anything to catch it. Probably just me being clumsy, but I won't have to worry about that anymore. I'll post up the name of the kit along with the part number if I can dig that up.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I found the information for the kit I used. It was posted in another Rebel forum. The kit is Trans Dapt and the part number is 1127. I think I bought my from ebay, for around $60. That was about a year ago. Hope that helps you out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts