Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
They can get mighty expensive if you start loading on the features, trims and engines. Those high trim levels could have trouble competing with other comparable vehicles, mostly Ford.

The $51,870 starting price is for a 4×2 Crew Cab Laramie Limited equipped with the 5.7-liter V8 engine. The 4×4 model will cost $55,375. Also offered is a the more fuel-friendly 3.0-liter diesel engine in the Laramie Limited. Diesel models start at $54990 for 4×2 models and $58,495 for 4×4 models.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They can get mighty expensive if you start loading on the features, trims and engines. Those high trim levels could have trouble competing with other comparable vehicles, mostly Ford.
You quoted prices for the Laramie Limited not the Rebel. I don't follow your logic though regardless. Pickups are mostly bought on die hard brand favouritism and besides the Big 3 half tons are so excellent right now you'd be hard pressed to comprehensively prove one is head and shoulders above the rest...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hopefully that's fully loaded at those prices. Like not many available options (LSD, rambox, sunroof, rear end)
I took it as not, Canadian Ram site has the option list minus pricing...

RAM Trucks Heavy Duty in Canada - ramtruck.ca

• Trailer Brake Control
  • Remote Start and Security Group
  • Tonneau cover with emossed Ram Head
  • Rear Window Defroster
  • Power Sunroof
  • 121-Litre Fuel Tank
  • Ten Amplified Speakers Including Subwoofer
  • Single-Disc Remote CD Player
  • Park-Sense® Rear Park Assist System10
  • ParkView Rear Back-Up Camera10
  • RamBox® Cargo Management System
  • Spray-in Bedliner
  • Anti-spin differential
  • Keyless Enter 'n Go
  • Luxury Group
  • Trailer Tow Group
  • Uconnect 8.4A Multimedia Centre (NAV-ready)
  • Uconnect 8.4AN Multimedia Centre with Navigation

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hopefully that's fully loaded at those prices. Like not many available options (LSD, rambox, sunroof, rear end)
I took it as not, Canadian Ram site has the option list minus pricing...

RAM Trucks Heavy Duty in Canada - ramtruck.ca

• Trailer Brake Control
    Remote Start and Security Group
    Tonneau cover with emossed Ram Head
    Rear Window Defroster
    Power Sunroof
    121-Litre Fuel Tank
    Ten Amplified Speakers Including Subwoofer
    Single-Disc Remote CD Player
    Park-Sense® Rear Park Assist System10
    ParkView Rear Back-Up Camera10
    RamBox® Cargo Management System
    Spray-in Bedliner
    Anti-spin differential
    Keyless Enter 'n Go
    Luxury Group
    Trailer Tow Group
    Uconnect 8.4A Multimedia Centre (NAV-ready)
    Uconnect 8.4AN Multimedia Centre with Navigation
That's disapointing. I was hoping to get one. But it seems it might push it beyond my price range with the options I want.

·
Registered
462 Posts
You quoted prices for the Laramie Limited not the Rebel. I don't follow your logic though regardless. Pickups are mostly bought on die hard brand favouritism and besides the Big 3 half tons are so excellent right now you'd be hard pressed to comprehensively prove one is head and shoulders above the rest...
Plus there's only so much difference in price, a difference that wont even come close to overpowering the power of brand loyalty or what brand(s) a person prefers and what that brand offers.

And it is a long-term decision, can't get a few thousand get in the way of that.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Plus there's only so much difference in price, a difference that wont even come close to overpowering the power of brand loyalty or what brand(s) a person prefers and what that brand offers.

And it is a long-term decision, can't get a few thousand get in the way of that.
Brand loyalty is huge. I think one of the only ways to pull people in from other brands is to offer something that is equal or better than the competition at an equal or lesser price.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Brand loyalty is huge. I think one of the only ways to pull people in from other brands is to offer something that is equal or better than the competition at an equal or lesser price.
that's basically it among other factors but those are right up there with motivations to get someone to cross over. at least its what would have me looking at the competition.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts