Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day,

Took the Rebel out on a 20 mile to-back loop yesterday on a mountain pass (giant pot holes, wash boards) mainly on Off Road mode and felt that the suspension was a little stiffer than NRH. Anyone experience a NOTICEABLY stiffer suspension damping in OR than NRH? Will have to play around with the tire pressures more next time but I didn't notice a HUGE difference in suspension damping between OR and NRH like some have claimed. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
94 Posts
It depends your definition of "NOTICEABLY", along with the terrain that people have driven off-road. I have noticed a difference, but whether it was noticeably different could be debated. I mean, I noticed it, so I would call that noticeably different. >:)
I expected that it would be stiffer, but I wouldn't call it significant where we were driving. Perhaps if we'd been on rougher terrain my response would be different.

·
Registered
97 Posts
As I understand it in Off Road mode there not much shock travel left because of the lift. The owners manual says to use that mode for extra ground clearance if needed. I have used off road mode just to try it on rough roads and yes the ride is more harsh YMMV.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Shock Length and both the air bags play a part in this. It's like inflating a balloon - the higher the PSI, the harder it will be. Same is true with our suspensions. It's kind of a catch 22. It would be nice to be able to fly through off road terrain in off road mode but the air bags are almost too hard at that point to do it in comfort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts