Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys. Hard core ram guy for 20+ years and new to the rebel. Had my rebel off road yesterday and heard an unusual amount of clunking as I drove. It was rough terrain and I was in off road mode. Almost sounded like the shocks topping out.
Any insight would be appreciated.

Keep in mind. My last truck was a 2014 Big Horn and I am actively off road and this noise is foreign to me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Odd. Had mine in some boulders the other day, 4L O/R mode, no abnormal noise.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Taken mine off road quite a few times and didn't notice any out of the normal noises.

·
Registered
39 Posts
In Off Road mode the air bags are at top pressure, so if you hit bumps it is clunky. The off road mode give you more clearance, but if you dont need the clearance the ride will be much smoother in Normal or even Aero mode on a rough dirt road. Just my opinion based on my experience with air bags in my last truck( aftermarket) and so far with this one it seems the same. If I wasnt towing I always let the air bags down to about 4-5 psi in my previous truck, wish we could see the actual pressures in these ones.

·
Registered
97 Posts
^^^ This. I live on a dirt road and was trying out the suspension when the truck was new and the ride was more choppy in off road. They do note in the manual that the off road mode is for increased ground clearance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts