Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a lot of threads about the issues with the Ram air suspension and I hope I don't jinx myself but at 36,000 miles my Rebel has had no problems. Bought the truck with 27K and have put 8K on it since November drove it in snow and ice up in Maine for 2 weeks still worked as it should even had to use Off Road to clear obstacles out on the logging roads in 15 degree temps. Anyone else have a no issue air suspension? Post up with your mileage if you don't have problems

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had no issues with mine for 25k miles. The truck was exposed to below zero temperatures several times last winter. And we have below freezing temperatures for much of the winter months. My girlfriend has about 30k miles on her Rebel, and she also hasn't seen any problems with her air suspension.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had 103K on my 2016 Rebel when I traded her in. No issues with air suspension at all. Don't ask me about broken exhaust bolts or the gas tank level sensor...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Air suspension issues is not a Rebel only issue, its across the board with all RAMS. With that said from what I have seen its only a small percentage of owners and of those affected the live in extremely cold climates, below freezing for several months out of the year. Others have experienced issues but its random part failures which the dealerships have fixed.

Me personally I live in the Seattle area, I have a '18 Rebel w/40k on it and I have not seen the issues people have talked about. I have gotten it stuck in one mode or another but after shutting the truck off for a little while and coming back to it, everything is sorted out and its back to normal. I have been in places where temps come down to 15 degrees and as high as 115 degrees and its worked fine. I think its the constant cold that causes the pump to have issues.

Good luck!
-Kenny

·
Super Moderator
560 Posts
Definitely a pretty common problem across all vehicle manufacturers. They all share similar issues. I have 57k on my 2015 and my issues have been pretty minimal but I know some people had tons of issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts