Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
That should be a ton of fun. I'm sure that a fully-loaded version was a little costly, but its nice to have everything so you get the full experience. When do you expect it to arrive?

And what kind of driving are you planning on doing with it once you get your hands on it?

·
Registered
181 Posts
quick question for you, as I am planning on order mine beginning of next month. When you ordered it what options did they have you "add". Now that the configurator is live on rams website it shows that most of the options are listed as standard features for the rebel, which is what they said would be the case originally. But the configurator is a little screwy for the rebel right now so I am wondering what is correct. Thanks!

oh and if its like any of the other dodge/ram cars you can turn on DRL's in the EVIC.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all. I'll try to answer most of the questions asked. Expected delivery was estimated for the end of September. I was not able to get the rear window defrost or daytime running lights, as they are slated as fleet only at the time I ordered. I put a call into Ram on this, as the dealer did not know why and I am waiting to hear back from them.

As for added options - 5.7 Hemi, Luxury Group, Rear Camera & Park assist, Protection Group (which I think would be standard on an off-road truck), Remote start & security, Anti spin Diff, 32 gal fuel tank, Power Sunroof, Spray-in bedliner, 8.4 with Nav, Single Disc CD, Keyless GO, Rambox Cargo Management, Tonneau cover and Rebel Instrument Cluster(again I think this should be standard).

·
Registered
462 Posts
Too bad with the Rambox RAM hasn't changed anything about it in relation to how secure it is, I bet it's lack of security is discouraging some buyers from getting it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Yeah thats what I was wondering too. Per the statements from the ram release events its supposed to come with the ram console, protection group, tonneau cover etc in the package. hope they didnt screw you by adding options it doesn't need. I plan to grill the heck out of them on this before I order mine.

just fyi the website shows the standard equipment as

STANDARD FEATURES
KEY FEATURES
Additional Key Features
Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
Advanced Multistage Front Airbags
Rebel Package
Supplemental Side-Curtain Airbags
Electronic Stability Control
Folding Flat Load Floor Storage
Rebel Rubber Floor Mats
Remote Keyless Entry with All-Secure
Rear Power Sliding Window
115-Volt Auxiliary Power Outlet
Power Front Windows w/ 1-Touch Up and Down Feature
Power 10-Way Driver / 6-Way Passenger Seats
Sport Tail Lamps
Bi-Function Projector Black Headlamps
LED Fog Lamps
Black Grille with RAM Lettering
Sport Performance Hood
Black Powder Coated Rear Bumper
Black Powder Coated Front Bumper
Dual Rear Exhaust with Bright Tips
26-Gallon Fuel Tank
Heated Steering Wheel
Speed Control
Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls
Perforated Steering Wheel with Red Stitching
Front Bilstein Monotube Perf Shocks
Rear Bilstein Monotube Perf Shocks
Electronic Shift
Cargo and Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp
Sentry Key® Theft Deterrent System
Rebel Instrument Cluster
Tonneau Cover with Embossed Ram's Head
Rear Camera and Park Assist Group
4-Corner Air Suspension
RamBox® Cargo Management System
Keyless Enter 'n Go™
Wheel to Wheel Side Steps

I know some of this might be in error but they flat out said it would come with some of them.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi all. I'll try to answer most of the questions asked. Expected delivery was estimated for the end of September. I was not able to get the rear window defrost or daytime running lights, as they are slated as fleet only at the time I ordered. I put a call into Ram on this, as the dealer did not know why and I am waiting to hear back from them.

As for added options - 5.7 Hemi, Luxury Group, Rear Camera & Park assist, Protection Group (which I think would be standard on an off-road truck), Remote start & security, Anti spin Diff, 32 gal fuel tank, Power Sunroof, Spray-in bedliner, 8.4 with Nav, Single Disc CD, Keyless GO, Rambox Cargo Management, Tonneau cover and Rebel Instrument Cluster(again I think this should be standard).
what do you mean you couldn't get DRL's? They're federal law????

·
Registered
555 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Yeah thats what I was wondering too. Per the statements from the ram release events its supposed to come with the ram console, protection group, tonneau cover etc in the package. hope they didnt screw you by adding options it doesn't need. I plan to grill the heck out of them on this before I order mine.

just fyi the website shows the standard equipment as

STANDARD FEATURES
KEY FEATURES
Additional Key Features
Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
Advanced Multistage Front Airbags
Rebel Package
Supplemental Side-Curtain Airbags
Electronic Stability Control
Folding Flat Load Floor Storage
Rebel Rubber Floor Mats
Remote Keyless Entry with All-Secure
Rear Power Sliding Window
115-Volt Auxiliary Power Outlet
Power Front Windows w/ 1-Touch Up and Down Feature
Power 10-Way Driver / 6-Way Passenger Seats
Sport Tail Lamps
Bi-Function Projector Black Headlamps
LED Fog Lamps
Black Grille with RAM Lettering
Sport Performance Hood
Black Powder Coated Rear Bumper
Black Powder Coated Front Bumper
Dual Rear Exhaust with Bright Tips
26-Gallon Fuel Tank
Heated Steering Wheel
Speed Control
Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls
Perforated Steering Wheel with Red Stitching
Front Bilstein Monotube Perf Shocks
Rear Bilstein Monotube Perf Shocks
Electronic Shift
Cargo and Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp
Sentry Key® Theft Deterrent System
Rebel Instrument Cluster
Tonneau Cover with Embossed Ram's Head
Rear Camera and Park Assist Group
4-Corner Air Suspension
RamBox® Cargo Management System
Keyless Enter 'n Go™
Wheel to Wheel Side Steps

I know some of this might be in error but they flat out said it would come with some of them.
Did your dealer happen to have one or more Rebels on the lot for you and others to check out?

Been noticing some of them doing just that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
just got a response from ram so i will share it.

We regret that there are discrepancies indicated on our Ram website
regarding the features and options of the 2015 Ram 1500 Rebel when using
our "Build & Price" feature. We greatly appreciate you taking the time
to contact us and we have taken the liberty of advising our Ram team for
their review. Feedback such as yours is taken into consideration by our
Web Development team in order to make our website as informative and
accurate as possible.

The 2016 Ram 1500 Rebel models have entered the factory order system.
According to our resources, the 2016 Ram 1500 Rebel Crew Cab 4x4 is
standard equipped with the Instrument Cluster w/Display Screen (JAT) and
the Rebel Instrument Cluster (JAJ), UConnect 8.4, Uconnect 8.4 NAV and
the Tonneau Cover w/Embossed Ram?s Head are factory options. The
Protection Group option for the 2016 Ram 1500 Rebel includes the Front
Suspension Skid Plate and Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield only, as Tow
Hooks are standard equipment.

·
Registered
555 Posts
That's a great reply from them and seems like they responded all in good timing as well.

Did they happen to give a turn around time as to when the fix will come around for the site?

·
Registered
181 Posts
yeah they responded in about two days which was nice. There was some other stuff I cut out about contacting them by phone if I wanted but nothing about when they expected the changes to be made. I am not sure I would say its a great response as they simply responded to the specific items I gave as examples in my email and NONE of the other bad options they list but as I understand it, included in the base price you get 1. the style 2. the air suspension. Anything else you want is an option you will have to pay for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts