Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up my 2021 Rebel on Wednesday. Love everything about it except the wheels. Factory 2 tone wheels are just ugly. Could have lived with the same wheel in matte black but the dealership wouldn't trade. Looking for suggestions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would agree with you on the two-tone being ugly, but I actually liked the physical looks for the rims. I ended up plasti-dipping mine in black. You can youtube how to do it. Very easy and cheap, especially if the wheels are new and you don't have to clean much on them. I got my 17 Rebel used at auction with 13k miles on them, and plastidip still going strong years later at 47k miles.

I also plastidipped a few other things that I felt should have been black to begin with. RAM emblem and grill and whatever that lower lip area would be called on the front of the front of the grille. They were gray and look way better black. I also did High Heat Smoke spray paint to the stupid chrome exhaust and that has held up as well.

You can get both products at home depot or menards for cheap.

Alternatively, if you insist on getting new wheels and you like the OE ones, I would recommend the aftermarket ones from OE Wheels lol. I got them last year when I wanted to get snow tires because the stock sand/mud tires are awful in Minnesota snow. I paid $569 for them and the only different is the center cap has an eagle instead of a ram. Part Number: Hollander 2614

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P5JLVWV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope that helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is how my plastidip on front and oem wheels turned out, also had front windows tinted to 20% to match the rears, and the windshield to 50%.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts