Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone....I thought I'd join up after owning a 2016 Rebel for a week now and poking around in this forum.

I came from a 2-door 2013 Jeep Rubicon - highly modified - to get back into a truck (with my situation, I couldn't have both). Man, I miss my Jeep, but this Rebel is soooo much more and I'm glad to have another Hemi (traded a 2010 Ram crew 4x4 Hemi to get the jeep).....not sure what was going through my head that day, but the jeep was a blast other than the amount of money I spent on it with upgrades.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum and learning from everyone that's apart of it.

Thanks for having me,
Brian

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forums and congratulations on pulling the trigger. The Rubicon sounds intense, would love to see some pictures. Do you plan on modifying the Rebel quite a bit as well ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, sorry for the delay. I had taken off on a trip and then didn't have my reply notifications setup....then the dang password....lol!
So yeah, I'd like to do some things with this Rebel - the biggest right now is a lift and 35's. But I sure wish I woulda done my homework before buying this truck because it sure seems as though a lift is a little sketchy right now. The closest I've seen a company come is BDS, but I still don't think they have one out for the Rebel. I'm not sure what the diff is between Rebel's air suspension vs any other Ram's air suspension???

I just finished installing some Mopar running boards and next is either driver/passenger front window tint or Line-X the bed and rocker panels (my rockers are the same color as the truck - white.

Here's a couple pics on my jk. I said "heavily modified", but I guess I meant more moderately modified. Most expense came from lift/tires/gears. The accessories I had (and still have) for it is what was breaking the bank. Stupid jeep! Ha! It was a lot of fun, that's for sure. It will be missed and maybe one day I'll get another, but only as a toy......or I might just go for a side-by-side.....those things are really nice offroad!!

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ah see, that picture where you're actually utilizing it for what it is, LOVE IT ! That's what they're designed to do and you definitely made use of that it seems ;)

Line-X definitely seems to be my preference, would be nice to do the rockers too which is typically what a lot of people forget about.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Fortunately there's enough of these Rebels on the road now that I think is enough for some aftermarket parts companies to justify making a move, just imagine how big this community and the Rebel community overall will be in a year from now.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Definitely, as it is, it's pretty large and on a steady incline. Can't wait to see what it'll be like in a years time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts