Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I got a 2016 CPO Rebel with 6500 miles. Black with rambox, anti-spin diff, and a few other things I was looking for. Great deal in my opinion, but I was wrong. It has a corsa cat back exhaust installed which is a little loud for my taste, but otherwise stock.

On my drive home, I got a check engine light. I hooked it up my reader and it showed an active code of P219B and a historical code of P219A. These were not present when I checked out the truck on the lot.

Looking through the forums and google searches I can't find much on these codes. I didn't notice any other symptoms, but everything is new to me still. If something was slightly off from the normal I don't think I'd recognize it.

My question is about options here. Do I have grounds to just reverse the deal with the dealership? If I don't and I take it in for warranty service, will they claim the cat back exhaust caused this problem? The dealer is ~150mi away, so just stopping by going to be hard to do.

Please help, I'm at a loss and really frustrated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wouldn't freak out yet. Call the dealer and let them know what happened and give them a chance to fix it. The exhaust shouldn't do anything negatively with the warranty.

·
Registered
32 Posts
6500 miles is still under the factory warranty assuming it transferred to you. You should be able take it to any Chrysler dealer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was told when I purchased my lifetime FCA warranty that most aftermarket exhausts should NOT void the warranty. Go the warrant route and keep us posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts