Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am extact to have gotten my hands on this truck. Coming from a wrangler there is a big change but there has been a huge change in my usage, i mostly run Fire trails and backroads to the cabin now so this rig will handle it with ease and comfort.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Specs:
RAM 1500 REBEL 4X4
Exterior Color:Flame Red Clear Coat Exterior Paint
Interior Color:Black / Red Interior Colors
Interior:premium Cloth Seats with Embossed Tread
Pattern
Engine:5.7-Liter V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
Transmission:8-Speed Automatic 8HP70 Transmissionon
Options
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
Rebel Package 26w
Dual Rear Exhaust with Bright Tips
Luxury Group
Power Heated Mirrors (N/A T-Tow
Mirrors)
Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror (N/A T-Tow
Mirrors)
Exterior Mirrors with Courtesy Lamps
Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror w/
Microphone
Sun Visors with Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
Overhead Console with Garage Door
Opener
Protection Group
Transfer Case Skid Plate
Front Suspension Skid Plate
Remote Start and Security Group
Remote Start System (N/A Manual
Transmission)
Security Alarm
Rear Camera and Park Assist Group
ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System
Parkview™ Rear Back-Up Camera
Tonneau Cover with Embossed Ram's
Head
8-Speed Automatic 8HP70 Transmission
5.7-Liter V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
Rear Window Defroster
Rebel Instrument Cluster
Uconnect® 8.4AN AM/FM/SXM/HD/BT/
NAV
GPS Navigation
SiriusXM Traffic™ / 5-Year Traffic Service
SiriusXM Travel Link™ / 5-Year
Subscription
Media Hub (SD, USB, Aux)
Uconnect® Access 1-Year Trial (Reg
Required)
9 Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer
4-Corner Air Suspension
RamBox® Cargo Management System
Spray-In Bedliner

·
Registered
555 Posts
These photos are a great look at the factory mats, which makes me wonder how many folks will look into aftermarket mats that will do a better job at holding in the mess, especially as winter comes around.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did you order it or was it like that (options) when you went to the dealer?
I'd have to double check my window sticker but I'm pretty sure mine is the same setup except for black color. My dealer got two in, one red one black the exact same build. He said they just sent them to him that way.
Just wondering if the first ones sent out to dealers are the same setup.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Did you order it or was it like that (options) when you went to the dealer?
I'd have to double check my window sticker but I'm pretty sure mine is the same setup except for black color. My dealer got two in, one red one black the exact same build. He said they just sent them to him that way.
Just wondering if the first ones sent out to dealers are the same setup.
I was trying to figure that out and from what i`ve been hearing which make sense is dealers apparently have spec`d them out to include everything.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was setup this way from the dealer,I did some searching online with my wish list and this had everything minus 2 things

1) I would have liked a sunroof but couldnt find one and then i learned you cant have ramboxes and a sunroof and i wanted the boxes for my use case.
2) Red was not my first choice in color but after seeing it and spending some time with the truck it grew on me and i am glad i went with it.

The black one they had on the lot was exact same build with the V6 instead....

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'd take a RamBox over the sunroof any day, functionality of the RamBox and the convenience it adds for those that need quick and frequent access to storage goes a long way.

While the weather is still nice I know one of the uses for my RamBox will be as a cooler for my beer and chilled wine for the missus for those weekends when we hit up the cottage.

·
Registered
181 Posts
after visiting a number of dealers last week, no they are not. each one is different and seemingly random color. One dealer had two black ones with different options and the other had a white one. From what I heard, each dealership just got whatever they were sent for the first ones.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I looked all over CARS.com for a Rebel with the Keyless Enter N Go, but couldn't find one. I was going to have to order one with that option or buy off the lot....I chose the lot. Too much risk to order for just one option.

·
Registered
181 Posts
why do you say there is risk? just because it would take another month or so to get one?

Yeah one of the ones the dealer had was missing the luxury package which I wanted, the other was pretty stripped out besides the hemi. So they certainly were optioned up very differently.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I know I would be way too tempted to get what's on the lot since waiting is not fun at all, plus factoring in that they did research to see what the majority would want, these will be good enough for the majority.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts