Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody. So happy to be the new owner of a 2016 Ram Rebel. This baby was just brought in off-lease early at a dealership with which I was negotiating with on a new Rebel. Saved some $$$ but still got my Rebel!
Totally stoked about it!! :D

A quick question: I want to keep my truck looking good. Living where I do, it is almost impossible to protect a vehicle from door dings ... some people just have no regard for other peoples stuff. Has anyone found a way help protect their Rebel from this hazard? I park way out in lots and high up in garages, tip the parking attendants well whenever that is the best option. Protective moldings can help but I'm not sure it would look right on a Rebel. I have reviewed a lot of the threads on in forum but didn't see anything on this subject. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure how far your running boards stick out, but my 14' Lonestar's boards were proud enough to take the door dings from cars and shorter SUVs'. May have a 50% elimination of possible dings there. Congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you and do all of the same things. You already have the running boards so there really isn't anything else to do that you're not already doing. Before I got my Rebel, I had a 14 Sport for almost 3 yrs. I got one door ding the ONE time I was forced to park next to someone (at a funeral nonetheless). I took it to a PDR guy the next week to have it fixed for $100. If I'm paying this much for a truck, i don't want any damage on it...period. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yea I'm with ya, I've been pricing some ceramic coating and paint protection films but it's all been over 1g. I still believe it's worth it just trying to save and do my window tinting all at the same time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts