Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) guys i am getting the delivery of my ram rebel 2017 on 21st nov. I am so excited and can hardly wait to get the delivery.
2) i want to start modifications initially, the ones that dont play with mechanics of the truck eg. Exhaust and air intake. I will do it after a month or so and after 1000 kms. But please suggest good air intakes and exhausts with black tips and moderate sound. Cant afford a loud truck in dubai as the police may fine me. Is carven progressive series good? Are afe intakes good?
3) without touching the 2" lift kit on the ram and not fiddling with the air suspension, is it possible to have slightly larger tire? The truck is equipped with 18" alloys now but tires look slightly small. I wanna put one size bigger and it should do the trick.
4) where can i find good sports bar with auxillary light fittings for beds with ram box?
5) please suggest some good mods to make the truck look monstrous and awesome.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Welcome to the community! You'll find great help here!

·
Registered
1 Posts
1) guys i am getting the delivery of my ram rebel 2017 on 21st nov. I am so excited and can hardly wait to get the delivery.
2) i want to start modifications initially, the ones that dont play with mechanics of the truck eg. Exhaust and air intake. I will do it after a month or so and after 1000 kms. But please suggest good air intakes and exhausts with black tips and moderate sound. Cant afford a loud truck in dubai as the police may fine me. Is carven progressive series good? Are afe intakes good?
3) without touching the 2" lift kit on the ram and not fiddling with the air suspension, is it possible to have slightly larger tire? The truck is equipped with 18" alloys now but tires look slightly small. I wanna put one size bigger and it should do the trick.
4) where can i find good sports bar with auxillary light fittings for beds with ram box?
5) please suggest some good mods to make the truck look monstrous and awesome.
Ah, a fellow trucker from the UAE! Congrats on the Ram Rebel - they are pretty rare around here!

so....

Exhaust - You can get a nice Borla exhaust from Ramyautomotive.com or Argoob. Neither are louder than the MOPAR one I have on my
Laramie, and should not get you in trouble with the RTA.

Intake - if you must get an intake, the MOPAR one sounds pretty good, and available from the dealership for around AED1300-1600 (and doesn't throw any CELs)

Suspension - not much you can do with the factory air suspension. They are pretty good out of the box for dunes and trails, but don't expect the performance you get from a set of Kings or Fox DSCs. Also, you can't get rid of the air suspension without messing up the ECU/PCM.

For wheels, you can improve off-road performance on on-road ride quality by downsizing your wheels to 17" (Method wheels go well with Rams - available from TORC, Green Autoworks, or New Bharath Pitstop - speak with Varun) and going for 315/70/17 (New Bharath will even do a test fit to ensure they don't rub before selling you the tires). Also remember to get either a Hypertech (from TORC) or an AEV ProCal (from Ramy Automotive)

Sport bars - you might want to reconsider any rooftop bars if you still want to go into shopping malls. Most people here mount light cubes around the A pillars (speak with TORC, they can fab you a nice powdercoated set, and the Rigid Industries SS lights to go with it), or if you go for a custom front bumper, you can get a 30" light bar installed up front (which is the way I went)

As for awesome, it comes down to a matter of taste, but here's what you can do with your Rebel
- exhaust
- intake (more for the induction sound, if anything)
- wheels with more meaty rubber (remember to get the Hypertech or AEV ProCal so your speedo reads correctly, and your shift points aren't messed up from the ECU thinking that you're still on factory sized rubber
- Get the DeeZee tailgate assist if you're tired of the tailgate slamming open each time you forget to hold it when you open it.

If you're into hitting the dunes, hit up the guys at TORC - they do regular drives ranging from beginner to more spirited runs :)

Have fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts