Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Simply wanted to say Hi! to everyone.

Dealership ordered mine yesterday. Already have some parts that I will be transferring from my 13 Sport onto my 2016 Rebel.

Still have my Sport for now until I trade it in for the Rebel in 5 to 6 weeks. Really can't wait!

Here's a picture of the Sport! I loved that truck!!! But from what I was told, I will love my Rebel even more! :D

·
Registered
680 Posts
Your sport is beautiful. Are you keeping the sport or selling it once you've taken a few parts from it for the Rebel?
Also, what parts are you taking from it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your sport is beautiful. Are you keeping the sport or selling it once you've taken a few parts from it for the Rebel?
Also, what parts are you taking from it?
Thanks a lot!

It's one of a kind and that's what I like to do to my trucks hehe! The Sport is being traded-in for the Rebel. They gave me good money for it so I'm upgrading to the Rebel, can't wait!!!

I'm taking off the Vararam Air Grabber intake, Billet Technology Catch Can, Mufflex DOD18M retrofit exhaust and the MBRP 5'' Exhaust Tips.

For future mods on the Rebel, I will most likely plasti-dip the front Ram emblem and the front skid plate, LaminX Yellow Tint the fog lights, LED light bar in the grill just above the tow hooks and look at dipping the stock wheels as well.

Reactions: RamRebeller

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow

Thanks a lot!

It's one of a kind and that's what I like to do to my trucks hehe! The Sport is being traded-in for the Rebel. They gave me good money for it so I'm upgrading to the Rebel, can't wait!!!

I'm taking off the Vararam Air Grabber intake, Billet Technology Catch Can, Mufflex DOD18M retrofit exhaust and the MBRP 5'' Exhaust Tips.

For future mods on the Rebel, I will most likely plasti-dip the front Ram emblem and the front skid plate, LaminX Yellow Tint the fog lights, LED light bar in the grill just above the tow hooks and look at dipping the stock wheels as well.
That's one good looking Sport!

I'm excited for you as well!

I can't wait to see all the mods on the Rebel that you're going to do!

Don't forget to post pictures up when you're done! :D

Did you get to test drive the Rebel yet??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's one good looking Sport!

I'm excited for you as well!

I can't wait to see all the mods on the Rebel that you're going to do!

Don't forget to post pictures up when you're done! :D

Did you get to test drive the Rebel yet??
Thanks!! It was my first Ram but not my last >:)

Yeah, like I said, I love to have a unique looking truck! The Rebel will not be exception hehe!

I will definitely be posting some pictures once I receive it.

Haven't even had the chance to drive one yet but I hear it's an amazing ride and really comfortable too! I really can't wait!!

As a side note, I know this is not the section to discuss about this topic but if you guys are running the Hemi engine, you should definitely look at getting an oil catch can! This is the kind of stuff I am preventing being recirculated in the engine every 3,000km...150$ well invested if you ask me...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The first picture was during winter so it's mixed with condensation etc but this one shows what it catches during summer months...oh and it shows off the Vararam too :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Rebel soon!!!

Thanks!! It was my first Ram but not my last >:)

Yeah, like I said, I love to have a unique looking truck! The Rebel will not be exception hehe!

I will definitely be posting some pictures once I receive it.

Haven't even had the chance to drive one yet but I hear it's an amazing ride and really comfortable too! I really can't wait!!

As a side note, I know this is not the section to discuss about this topic but if you guys are running the Hemi engine, you should definitely look at getting an oil catch can! This is the kind of stuff I am preventing being recirculated in the engine every 3,000km...150$ well invested if you ask me...

You're most welcome!

A good looking truck must stand out and be unique!! :D

What color are you getting your rebel in?

That's good to hear! I'm looking forward for your updates!

Are you going to plasti-dip the truck then??

I love how plasti-dip works! If you don't like the end result - I get to peel it off! although, depending where on the truck, it can get tricky to peel! :(

Count down begins!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're most welcome!

A good looking truck must stand out and be unique!! :D

What color are you getting your rebel in?

That's good to hear! I'm looking forward for your updates!

Are you going to plasti-dip the truck then??

I love how plasti-dip works! If you don't like the end result - I get to peel it off! although, depending where on the truck, it can get tricky to peel! :(

Count down begins!
Totally agree with you hehe!

I was looking at the various colors available and had to go with the monotone black. I'm the kind of guy who likes to debadge and not have big crests etc. And I have to say that the only turn off I had when I saw the Rebel, was the big RAM on the tailgate. So I figured I could remove it, but looking into it, I found out that there was pin holes on the tailgate after you remove it. So I figured that since this RAM emblem is flat black, the only color to which it would blend in best would be black. Another reason for that choice of color is that the interior is black and red. So I took that in consideration as well.

Not going to plastidip the whole truck but the from RAM emblem and the front skid plate yes. I saw a picture that someone posted on here (i believe it was actually photoshoped) and immediately said to myself that this was the way to go!

Really gives the truck a dark look and if I can put in a black LED bar in that little grill part, it would look simply amazing!!!

As for plastidip, the nice thing is that I actually work right next to DIP Canada's shop so I have easy access to any of their product. Did you know they sell something that eases the peeling of plastidip? Really works good too!

Countdown has in deed begun! Really looking forward to summer...for two reasons, the first one is the rebel, and the second one is this:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Amazing!

Totally agree with you hehe!

I was looking at the various colors available and had to go with the monotone black. I'm the kind of guy who likes to debadge and not have big crests etc. And I have to say that the only turn off I had when I saw the Rebel, was the big RAM on the tailgate. So I figured I could remove it, but looking into it, I found out that there was pin holes on the tailgate after you remove it. So I figured that since this RAM emblem is flat black, the only color to which it would blend in best would be black. Another reason for that choice of color is that the interior is black and red. So I took that in consideration as well.

Not going to plastidip the whole truck but the from RAM emblem and the front skid plate yes. I saw a picture that someone posted on here (i believe it was actually photoshoped) and immediately said to myself that this was the way to go!

Really gives the truck a dark look and if I can put in a black LED bar in that little grill part, it would look simply amazing!!!

As for plastidip, the nice thing is that I actually work right next to DIP Canada's shop so I have easy access to any of their product. Did you know they sell something that eases the peeling of plastidip? Really works good too!

Countdown has in deed begun! Really looking forward to summer...for two reasons, the first one is the rebel, and the second one is this:

I am so happy for you! hehe :D

Monotone black is a good choice too!

Yeah I like the way you're thinking! Sometimes doing a little is more than enough, rather than going all out on mods. Keep it simply, yet looking at its finest is the way to go.

I could just picture in my head what you're truck would be looking like with the front being plasti-dipped (just like that picture) plus the add-on of the lights! One word: AWESOMENESS!

oh no way! you work next to them? Are you from Canada then? :D

and WOW is that a house you're building??? looks good so far!! Congrats on that!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hahaha! Happy wife, happy life they say lol!

·
Registered
27 Posts
There we go!

It doesn't look like you're following the blueprint correctly:

HAHA love it!

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

Then again, it looks like there's plenty of land on the side for more cars to be parked/stored!

Could you just imagine all the line-up trucks, lightly modified!

You could have your own show room! haha

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hahaha! Happy wife, happy life they say lol!
Indeed! Strongly agree! It's a win-win!

Does she like the fact that the truck is lightly modded?? haha
To be completely honest, she was the one pushing to trade the Sport for the Rebel lol! She is almost claiming that it's her truck lol! But I told her that she is pushing it hahaha!!

She is a car/truck girl! You know, the kind of woman you really want to marry! :-D

Now i'm also looking at Carbon8 and RamRaider's link mod and a set of 315/70r17 Duratrac.... Lol! And she's totally in agreement too... Sometimes I think it's all just a dream and that i'm gonna wake up soon but I never do hehe!

Over here in Quebec, there is a law that requires you to have winter tires on between December 15th and March 15th so tires need to have the snowflake on the sidewall, otherwise you can be fined and if you crash, insurance may not cover...so the Duratrac is the best bang for the buck all terrain tire, with the snowflake on the sidewall...and every three to four weeks, its comes on sale at Canadian Tire (25% off or so) 1200$ for a set of 35's Duratrac...not a bad price hehe!

·
Registered
261 Posts
what color are you ordering or did i miss it? you can't go wrong with white and black!! I want that grill off your sport so I can get a different bumper for the rebel. clean.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what color are you ordering or did i miss it? you can't go wrong with white and black!! I want that grill off your sport so I can get a different bumper for the rebel.[iurl="http://www.ramrebelforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7065&d=1458771617"]
[/iurl]
Awesome truck, really love the white and black! Really is a good mix and your truck looks amazing!

I went with the black on black monotone color. Going for the Vader looking truck! Been looking at getting a custom LED light bar made for that bottom grill. Going to look at having the glass tinted yellow to match the fogs!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Awesome truck, really love the white and black! Really is a good mix and your truck looks amazing!

I went with the black on black monotone color. Going for the Vader looking truck! Been looking at getting a custom LED light bar made for that bottom grill. Going to look at having the glass tinted yellow to match the fogs!
yellow tint? all the windows? how is that accomplished? can factory tint be removed or have to be?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

yellow tint? all the windows? how is that accomplished? can factory tint be removed or have to be?
Lol! No not the windows, ishhh! That would be horrible lol!!

I would tint the light bar glass for it to show as yellow when not powered on... When turned on, it would probably still be white light output but maybe a yellowish light

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lucky YOU!

To be completely honest, she was the one pushing to trade the Sport for the Rebel lol! She is almost claiming that it's her truck lol! But I told her that she is pushing it hahaha!!

She is a car/truck girl! You know, the kind of woman you really want to marry! :-D

Now i'm also looking at Carbon8 and RamRaider's link mod and a set of 315/70r17 Duratrac.... Lol! And she's totally in agreement too... Sometimes I think it's all just a dream and that i'm gonna wake up soon but I never do hehe!

Over here in Quebec, there is a law that requires you to have winter tires on between December 15th and March 15th so tires need to have the snowflake on the sidewall, otherwise you can be fined and if you crash, insurance may not cover...so the Duratrac is the best bang for the buck all terrain tire, with the snowflake on the sidewall...and every three to four weeks, its comes on sale at Canadian Tire (25% off or so) 1200$ for a set of 35's Duratrac...not a bad price hehe!
haha no way!! That's awesome!

A car girl is a keeper ;)

That's amazing how it was her that got you to trade into the dark side :D like the dark vader idea already lol!

Can't wait to see pictures of the badass truck!

Oh yeah... I did hear about that from my friend in Montreal about the law and fines. That's crazy..but I hope less accidents on the road then... Toronto got some nutty drivers during winter times without snow tires... haha

That's a good deal you got there for the tires! :eek:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts