Ram Rebel Forum banner

New Rebel Issues

29K views 55 replies 32 participants last post by  Pitajr 
#1 ·
Good Day, picked up my Rebel last week and notice upon vehicle inspection that the front right bumper was approx 1/2 inch lower then the left side. Dealer indicated they will address the issue (in writing). Picked up the vehicle today and noticed the issue was not fixed. The dealer indicated they contacted RAM Canada and RAM said this was within tolerance and all Rebels were manufactured this way. Has anyone else experienced this issue, any assistance in this matter would be of great assistance

#7 ·
Update

Thank-you for your comments, Took some photo's but unfortunately they didn't come out good as the truck is black on black and the spacing was lost in the glair of the sun and headlights. Anyway; after a major blow-out with the dealer and threatening to return the vehicle they are going to repair it. Contacted a few other dealers on the issue and one dealer indicated they had the same issue with the Rebel's they recently received. The dealer also indicated that this bumper issue is not just with the Rebel but also the new 1500's and other vehicles. So I decided to check it out at the dealership today, and guess what there was a 2500 with the same issue. How does this get through quality control surprises me but I guess it all comes down to money and the purchase of parts from the lowest bidder.

#8 ·
I had a cosmetic quality issue with my Rebel, as well. Different issue though.

The driver's side rear passenger door panel trim was misformed. The soft part by the bottom of the window had some "indents" in it, that I never noticed until I had it home for a few days.

I took it in to my local dealer (who I didn't buy it from because they didnt get any Rebels) and the put through the warranty request and it went through without issue and they swapped out the whole door panel.

Pretty painless. Glad they took care of your bumper. Between these issues, the wrong hood on one member's, and the mixed headlights... someone in the quality department needs to get on the ball.

#9 ·
The only issue I have had thus far is rattles galore. Did some investigation and found a screw under the driver door cup holder foam. A bolt and washer under the driver front seat sitting on the bolt where the seat connects to the chassis, and the front passenger seat had a washer sitting on that chassis bolt. I don't know this this was disgruntled employees at the factory or at the dealer during prep. Rattles are gone now, but none of those parts seem to match any bolts, screws, or washers in the areas they were found. Underneath the cup holder was the biggest head scratcher.

I checked my bumper and it's perfect.

#10 ·
One of my Rambox painted lid covers is coming apart from the plastic lid. It goes in for a warranty claim soon. The plastic bumper cover has already been replaced under warranty.....Someone in the Trim department was on crack when the built my truck.

Besides that, no issues. It's quiet as a mouse. I'd go crazy if I heard a lot of rattling like Aqualite75. That's a pet peeve of mine, also the reason I got the Ramboxes- no interior clutter!

#20 ·
When I got my Rebel, it was the same way. For me it was the driver's side sagged down about a half inch. I brought it back to the dealership when I got it underlined and they said the will fix it. They ended up putting in a new height sensor on the driver's side front location and since than, my truck parks and rides level.

#23 ·
Day 1 of having my truck I drove it home in the rain and I noticed a one inch strip of fog on the bottom of the headlights. I didn't check to see if it was on the inside or outside. So there better not be a faulty seal!!

#25 ·
Good to know. However, today at Lowes I lowered the truck "entry/exit" and put 20 2x4's in the bed...there was a pretty large leak of (dexron, red fluid) coming from above the rear diff. I'll be taking it in on Monday. WTF

#46 ·
I had this too, when the recirculation button was on. Just had my housing replaced today, and I think it's resolved. Took them all day, since they had to remove the entire dashboard.

What I have now, is really loud windshield wipers (first time it's rained, since I got it). Oddly, it's louder in the cab than on the outside. Almost like a click when they switch directions.

#30 ·
Chrome????

Just found this forum today. I hate to see this truck having issues. I just traded my 2011 Big Horn For a 2016 Rebel. Mine is black on black.. Everything was awesome till I got home and found that all the badges were blacked out except for on the passenger side, the Ram 1500 and 5.7 HEMI badges were chrome...Not a big deal but now it's an eye soar on a new truck... Waiting to hear back from dealer....

#31 ·
Willis2000, yes I did get my bumper fixed, but it was like they did me a favour by fixing it. The other issue I have is the so called Hemi tick when the truck is idling, but I here this is common with the Hemi engine. Based on all the issues in this thread it appears FCA pushed the Rebel out to get the sales. Dollars over quality seems to be the way of today

#32 ·
I can't believe the Hemi Tick is still an issue. My 2011 Challenger RT ticks like crazy. Its been in the shop a few times and even the techs say my tick is louder than most. They have replaced lifters and other internal engine parts and temporarily improved it but the tick always comes back. Why do manufactures not correct things that have plagued their vehicles for years?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.