Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I made the decision to trade in my 2010 F150 a few weeks ago. It was my first non-Dodge vehicle and I would have bought another if Ford hadn't royally messed up the design of the 2016 model.

So, I went back to my roots and started looking at the Ram again. I INSTANTLY fell in love over the Rebel. I test drove the Rebel first, then a Laramie with the ECODiesel, followed by a Sport with the Hemi.

I crossed off the Diesel for it's lack of pickup speed(I drive aggressive in traffic). I liked the Sport, but for 3K more, I could get all the bells and whistles on the Rebel.

So after 24 hours of haggling, I pulled the trigger and never looked back. Awesome truck!!!

Born 7/17
Purchased 7/23

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Now that you've had the truck for a few days, let us know how you like it. Does it live up to all your expectations?

Cheers :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
hey man welcome to the boards and congrats!!! truck looks great, not the biggest fan of red, but hey its not my money ;)

·
Registered
555 Posts
I just took what the dealer had- 5.7L 4x4- dang near every option besides tow package & sun roof.
Sort of seen that coming especially since there's a lot of dealers with them sitting on lots waiting to be claimed and of course spec'd up to appeal the widest.

Have you delved into all the features yet or still have more to go through? I know it can be a lot to get familiar with.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Uconnect is taking time to get familiar with, but I'm up to speed on everything else. The instrument cluster is AWESOME! Remember, I came from a 2010 F150 with only an analog display between the manual gauges. This is a huge jump in technology for me.

Sport Hood- Looks great, especially from inside the cab. It makes the nose of the truck seem higher. The fake air intakes DO hold water after a wash, so you'll have water streaks down the front of the hood.

The ramboxes are super cool, I just can't find full use for them...YET. When the kids baseball and softball seasons start again, I'm sure they'll be full!

The bed cover is one of the best I've seen. It's VERY versatile and a good bargain for the price. I've had hard covers before, but always complained that you can never really fill the bed up with stuff. With this cover, you can.

MPG- Averages are rising every single day, but I'm seeing 18-20 on the highway. With 33" tires, I'll take it! City driving is hard to judge in Houston because it's never the same. Sometimes it's friendly cruise, other times I'm gunning it just to stay away from idiots.

Air Ride - This is the BEST part of this truck. Yes, you can get this option on other trim levels, but it's still great. Automatically, the truck hugs the ground on the highway for performance, and quickly raises back to "NORMAL" height when you slow down. I say it's "sticking out it's chest" at the stop light- getting back into Macho height!

Toyo Tires - I have seen a LOT of bad reviews on these tires. Granted, I have less than 300 miles on the truck but I have no complaints. VERY quiet on the road.

Cab Noise - NONE! No squeaks from the suspension, no plastic popping or rattling.....NOTHING!!!! I approve.

FLAME RED - People- this is the REBEL edition. RAM went extreme on the interior, so I chose to go extreme on the exterior. It's getting a lot of flack on this forum, but I love it. My last Dodge was pitch black, and my Ford was Platinum White. FLAME RED is "rebellious" for me.

WISH LIST- I wanted the "Keyless Enter-N-Go", but not a single Rebel in my area had that option. Not a HUGE deal, it just would have been nice, that's all.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
56 Posts
FLAME RED - People- this is the REBEL edition. RAM went extreme on the interior, so I chose to go extreme on the exterior. It's getting a lot of flack on this forum, but I love it. My last Dodge was pitch black, and my Ford was Platinum White. FLAME RED is "rebellious" for me.
!
Congrats on the purchase! I am with you i went in expecting to buy a different color but just loved the red when i got there and i really didnt expect to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey everyone, I just purchased my new Rebel the beginning of this month. I've only seen one other one in Houston so far. The dealer on had a white one which was their main test drive vehicle so it had 300+ miles on it already and a black one with 6 miles, so the decision was a no brainer for me lol! Just had the windows tinted to 5% and the spray in bedliner installed. Still deciding if I want a tonneau cover or not.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard. I too am a newbie but you'll find out very quickly that the people on this forum are very happy to help and offer any advice / opinions to help you out or make informed decisions about products
Todd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts