Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, just got a new rebel this month. Wasn't even considering this model - was just looking for something with a crew cab and 4wd (just the basics to drive to the mountains with the family etc. )

Anyway, the dealership sold me on a new 2015 v6 with a ton of options that was cheaper than the basic tradesman i was looking at.

Pretty stoked considering I was driving a 4cylinder commuter car prior to this. So far the v6 is more than enough power for what i need.

·
Registered
126 Posts
jimmiedubs - congratulations. I got a similar deal on a loaded 2015 v6. I bought it for similar reasons as yours only difference is that all my cars were v8's and turbro v8's and wanted a truck for fuel efficiency, costs and most importantly just a drive around truck to take to the beach, mountains and long drives with the family. I am a father of three little girls and took them on a 1k mile trip from SoCal to Monterey and the truck was just amazing! Great functionality. You will feel a slight drag climbing mountains in automatic mode but with the manual gear selection on the steering wheel the issue becomes a moot point.

You will love the v6 motor.

·
Registered
126 Posts
jimmie - would you mind sharing how much you paid for your truck? The MSRP on my truck was just under 51k and got it for just under $39k. the deal was too good to pass up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone - I got the silver/black 2 tone. I also have 2 girls and the backseat has more than enough room for car seats. Most cars where I am the driver, there is zero room behind the driver seat (i'm fairly tall) but no issues at all with the rebel. Took the family up to muir woods last weekend and you're right - a bit of lag going up the windy roads, but easily fixed with manual gear.

I paid just about 39 as well

·
Registered
126 Posts
so felt the drag on acceleration in auto mode going up a mountains. I drove through the mountains on Highway 1 here in SoCal and never broke 4th gear and i killed the 200 mile drive!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts