Ram Rebel Forum banner

New Ram Centre Console

21K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  Maverick 
#1 ·
Sure its not super a super sexy headline, but RAM has a new centre console coming out with new trucks. Allpar has the scoop... they dont let you share their images unfortunately...

Ram?s New Consoles ? Allpar News

#6 ·
I didn't know that Dodge came out with a new model so I wasn't looking for anything in particular when the wife and I were killing time and riding through the Dodge dealership. When you ride bye all the models and come across the Rebel there will be know dought in your mind that it is the best looking truck they make IMO.

#11 ·
They made some good changes, ultimately besides design, the only big difference in a new cellphone holder. Unlike the old cell phone holder this one has rubber inserts that actually grip your phone and 2 notches in the bottom to allow a phone cord to be plugged in.

I didn't take pictures of the console, but this truck was a limited run color called Dark Ceramic Blue, only available for one order run.

Attachments

#15 ·
Thats the one thing i keep pointing out when people are asking me about the truck. SOOO many cubbies.

Ram boxes (On mine)
The Stow and go on either side in the back
The under Rear seat storage
The Double shelves on the doors.
Map Pockets on either side
the large Center Console
Double Glove box.

But yes i love the Cell phone / Tablet holder holds both my Cell (S6w/Otterbox) and my Tablet (Nexus7) with ease.

The craziest thing though is the amount of cup holders... 2X Each Front Door, 2X Center Console , 2X Rear Floor, 2X Rear Center Seat.

#20 · (Edited)
...ice?

Im not sure what you mean. like does it cool? how well does it work? etc?

its not anything amazing, its just something thats handy. The plastic insert just goes into the hole, I guess you could put some insulation in there if you wanted do, otherwise its just a air barrier.

"Another innovation for the 2009 Ram Crew 1500 is a pair of “store-in-the-floor” storage bins with removable liners that are large enough for 10 12-ounce beverages and ice."

#23 ·
oh absolutely, im going to stick my ratchets and tow strap in at least one of them. Like I said they aren't specifically designed as coolers its just a use for them. The sleeves just make it easy to clean out for anything really. The bottom pic is from 09 but the tops are from 13 I think, so not sure if the 09 had the sleeves or not but they do now.

#28 ·
My Rebel has another storage space under the center arm rest. Not the top part that's obvious where the USB/SD ports are, but underneath. You lift the whole thing up. That should be common to all Rebels, and perhaps other models with the center console. I keep extra light and heavy weight work gloves, 2 bright LED flashlights, tire gauges, and other odds and ends in there.

I have my military-style first aid kit under the left rear seat, along with booster cables. Center and right rear seat pans contain 8 cargo straps - 4 each of cinch-type and ratchet type, a tow strap, and a collection of rubber straps and bungees. Plus hitch, ball, and wrench.

We take bike trips once in a while, load them in the truck and drive to parks, etc. All those cup / water bottle holders will come in very handy for that. And I haven't come up with anything to put in the in-floor storage, yet. Everything fits under the seats so far.

#30 ·
I love the size of the Ram Box. You can store ton's of stuff in them and it's easy to access. Not narrow and deep like my Avalanche where everything was piled on top of everything. Does anyone know where you can get dividers that can go in the slots provided? This would help to organize things and keep stuff from sliding back and forth. (picture is a Google image, not my truck)

Attachments

#31 ·
That's the one thing I wish I got was ram boxes. I could have...there was one on the lot identical to mine but it had them. I ended up not getting them because I use the bed to haul a bunch of stuff and a quad. The silly thing is, I have a trailer I can use which I usually do anyways because it's lower than the truck bed. My next truck WILL have ram boxes...that's for sure.

Reactions: RebelRay
#35 ·
Actually there is a factory divider kit for the Ram Box! You have to be sure you order the right one as the 5' 7" box and 6' 4" box are different sized kits.

The kit includes net style holders for the lids, dividers that fit in the provided slots, and trays for the two ends so you have a completely fat bottom if desired.

http://www.amazon.com/Dodge-RAM-Accessories-82211464AC-Management/dp/B0099JTZ7C

Im waiting on my truck but already ordered this and the dealer is holding it for arrival.

#37 ·
Actually there is a factory divider kit for the Ram Box! You have to be sure you order the right one as the 5' 7" box and 6' 4" box are different sized kits.

The kit includes net style holders for the lids, dividers that fit in the provided slots, and trays for the two ends so you have a completely fat bottom if desired.

Robot Check

Im waiting on my truck but already ordered this and the dealer is holding it for arrival.
That's actually not too bad at all! Amazing price too since I would have expected it be at least a couple hundred. These should fly off the shelves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.