Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I haven't even taken delivery of my truck yet and I've already got a new muffler sitting here on the floor next to me.

Went for a quick easy setup with the "Flowmaster 817633 Outlaw Muffler Kit".

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Nice! I am trying to figure out what exhaust I want to do on my truck. I'm use to LOUD trucks. All my previous trucks have been straight piped. I haven't touched the exhaust on my Rebel yet though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
So I haven't even taken delivery of my truck yet and I've already got a new muffler sitting here on the floor next to me.

Went for a quick easy setup with the "Flowmaster 817633 Outlaw Muffler Kit".
Jason, Sounds like it will be loud. Just remember to use your steering wheel buttons to turn the mds off, or you will not like the new exhaust real fast.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Installed mine a few months back. I still absolutely love it. Cold starts still haven't gotten old!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just went to a muffler shop and they told me they had to fab some y pipes and junk. I was pretty sure this is just a bolt on replacement..

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I just went to a muffler shop and they told me they had to fab some y pipes and junk. I was pretty sure this is just a bolt on replacement..
Depending on the muffler you have, you may need a y pipe after it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
thanks for the tip :)
Jason, the reason I say this is when I first put a FM on my old ram, it sounded like a old three cylinder tractor when the mds kicked in. I ended up getting a tuner to turn it off so the truck sounded good. Enjoy your new exhaust.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I'd like to get a few different ones.

Mostly at speed on the highway with and without mds. Not sure how well my pixel xl will pick up that sound but we'll go for it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Side note: I was actually looking into the pixel xl but sprung for the G5 so I'll be really interested to see how that sound quality is lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts