Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Just thought i'd share some pictures of my new wheel set up. I haven't seen many Rebels with aftermarket wheels yet so it was a bit hard to pick/invision what I wanted.

Fuel Trophy Wheels
Size: 17x8.5, -6.33 offset
Color: Black with Anthracite

This offset really makes the stance what I think it should be. Basically flush with the fenders for a more aggressive yet not "paint killing" look. I did not want to upsize to 18's or 20's because that defeats the purpose of what this truck is.

I don't usually post too much on forums but I post pictures fairly regularly on Instagram so check it out when you can. Instagram handle is "@rroberto1".

Hope this helps anyone else in the market for some different wheels.

·
Registered
261 Posts
how do 18 or 20s defeat the "purpose of what this truck is"

all the rebel is is an appearance package.

air ride has been on rams for a few years now.

it is the same interior as a sport but with red accents and colored seats.

the only parts that are unique to this truck are the grill and bumper

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Sorry, let me rephrase my original post so as not to "generalize" too much. Upsizing, defeats the purpose for what I intend to use this truck for.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Looks nice. I'm tempted to say they look quite close to the stock look, but different enough to stand out. I say whatever you do to your truck should at least make your face hurt from smiling or don't bother. If your face hurts, then well done!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks nice. I'm tempted to say they look quite close to the stock look, but different enough to stand out. I say whatever you do to your truck should at least make your face hurt from smiling or don't bother. If your face hurts, then well done!
**** Yeah man! Couldn't agree more.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
looks great! I've been toying with the idea of getting some new wheels. How did you level your truck?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Those wheels fit the look extremely well, not out of place by any means.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey All,

Just thought i'd share some pictures of my new wheel set up. I haven't seen many Rebels with aftermarket wheels yet so it was a bit hard to pick/invision what I wanted.

Fuel Trophy Wheels
Size: 17x8.5, -6.33 offset
Color: Black with Anthracite

This offset really makes the stance what I think it should be. Basically flush with the fenders for a more aggressive yet not "paint killing" look. I did not want to upsize to 18's or 20's because that defeats the purpose of what this truck is.

I don't usually post too much on forums but I post pictures fairly regularly on Instagram so check it out when you can. Instagram handle is "@rroberto1".

Hope this helps anyone else in the market for some different wheels.

Absolutely AWESOME!!! I've been drooling over the Fuel Anza's with Anthracite myself, but I'm waiting until my 2nd set of tires.

The Hostage II's are may wicked, but they don't come in 17".

·
Registered
71 Posts

Your wrong by saying this is just an appearance package. I wouldnt have bought the truck if it was just a different grill. Take a look at this video. She goes over some good points about what goes into to a rebel so that it can function on/offroad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfLxb3g_vaM

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wheels and truck look great. I put 20"Fuel wheels with 35's on my Rebel. I do understand about your opinion about bigger wheels defeating your personal purpose for your truck. If your going rock crawling than yes 17" wheels with the same height tire aired down will out perform a 20" wheel with again the same height tire. But I personally won't be taking my truck rock crawling or to a offroad park. I did love doing that when I had my 4door Black Ops Jeep on 37's though, a ton of fun for sure.
Enjoy your truck, she looks great.
Bill

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wheels and truck look great. I put 20"Fuel wheels with 35's on my Rebel. I do understand about your opinion about bigger wheels defeating your personal purpose for your truck. If your going rock crawling than yes 17" wheels with the same height tire aired down will out perform a 20" wheel with again the same height tire. But I personally won't be taking my truck rock crawling or to a offroad park. I did love doing that when I had my 4door Black Ops Jeep on 37's though, a ton of fun for sure.
Enjoy your truck, she looks great.
Bill
pics?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts