Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new Rebel home from the dealership today! It's pretty decked out. Sun roof, spray in liner, Ram tonneau, Alpine system, 32 gal tank, power mirrors, skid plate kit, etc. Thought I could never afford it, but the guy wouldn't let me leave. He came down quite a bit MSRP -12k. Got an extended warranty with that. He knew I was looking at an Ignition Orange Sport over at another dealership.

I had some concerns that I posted over on the gripes page, but other than that, I'm pretty stoked. I know nothing about mods. I've got some learning to do. Not that mamma is going to go any deeper than she agreed to in order to purchase the truck, but I've got birthdays coming up (I hope).

Had a 2004 Hemi Sport, 5.7l, 4x4 with 185k on it when I picked this one up. I loved that truck and it still looked 80% of new, but things were starting to break. Had to put a new rear diff in it in May.

Looking forward so sharing some ideas with you all!

Jimbolo.

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
Under 12k and with extended warranty and all those goodies ?! Boy that's not bad at all.

What kind of spray in liner is it ??

How do you feel the difference is between this and your last truck ?

And lastly, Congratulations and welcome to the boards my friend !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Stackin, Thanks for the welcome! I really did get a good deal on a decked out truck, but it was pretty purposeful. I did my homework. Had 4 trucks all spreadsheeted with options and costs. And I made it clear that I was buying a truck that day. Guy knew that if I left I was going to get a truck somewhere else. It was the last Saturday of the month, nearing the end of the model year.

I find it pretty hard to compare my Rebel with my Sport. The Sport was a 2004 that I drove since new. But it didn't have near the technology that the Rebel has. AM/FM CD was the coolest thing on the dash. Kenwood speaker system, which was the equiv to the Alpine that they now offer. But I truly loved that truck, I just couldn't rely on it for long trips anymore, given that I usually have my family with me.

The Rebel is faster and better on gas then the 2004 Sport with the same 5.7L. I nailed the pedal from a 2mph roll the other day and spun the tires for a good bit. I was shocked!

The Rebel is actually smaller than the Sport too. I didn't realize it until I parked the new Rebel next to the Sport I was trading in. I'm bummed about losing my middle front seat, but there is SO much more to appreciate about the Rebel.

Not sure about the bed liner. I'm thinking a factory job since there's no Linex tag or anything. I had Linex in my Sport. Tough as nails.

Looking forward to learning and sharing here. Again, thanks for the welcome Stackin!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts