Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had the chance to climb into the RamRebel the past week and without knowing that my friend had raised the truck up a few inches, I struggled to climb onto the driver seat. The struggle was real! I ended up climbing onto the floor of the driver side first before being able to reach the actual seat.

Will anyone be adding a nerf bar, running board, or an aid of some kind for those who are a bit vertically challenged?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I thought i was going to have to cause my mom is shorter, but with the "Entry / Exit Mode" she found it easy to get in and out without a problem. I might still add some but its not as high a priority as i thought it might be. What worries me is some of them like the "Amp Power boards" say they require an air tank relocation kit and i dont want to mess with that to much with the warranty.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah I had the same kind of concerns for my wife. Her requirement before I ordered mine was that we go test drive the regular models ( in this case we drove a laramie) to make sure she could get into it and was comfortable driving it. They did not have one with air suspension but it was pulled up to a 3 inch curb so getting in off the curb was the same a entry/exit height. She had no trouble getting in the drivers seat, even with the seat raised up much higher than it would be normally. There is also passenger and driver grab handles that help a lot too. She actually said, oh this is much easier to get into than your truck (my 2001 ram with slightly larger MT tires has 4 inch tube steps).

I am still thinking about getting some boards though, my dad just got some that are pretty nice for his f-150 since its a bitch to get into. They are iron cross patriots, though some places call them stealth boards. They are low profile and tuck in pretty nicely. I like not having to worry about people opening their doors into mine either.

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am still thinking about getting some boards though, my dad just got some that are pretty nice for his f-150 since its a bitch to get into. They are iron cross patriots, though some places call them stealth boards. They are low profile and tuck in pretty nicely. I like not having to worry about people opening their doors into mine either.
I'm trying to find these steps your dad purchased. don't suppose you have a link or a picture? All I found when I Googled stealth boards were body boards for surfing.... It would be great if I can get on without struggling and if I can hide them when they're not needed.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Only thing I don't like about them is the high gloss finish, over time scratches will show up a lot. Rather have something more forgiving like a powder coated finish.

Plus I think it will look better, going with the ruggedness of the Rebel:

·
Registered
254 Posts
doesn't the mopar catalog have some factory options? Never mind that, why can't we add them as accessories?

·
Registered
181 Posts
you can, I just dont like them.

Like the pics of the others that were posted, I think they hang down too far. I like the cleaner look of tube steps or the ones I mentioned that are flush.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Jeeze! I gave ya the manufacturer and name and everything ;)

Welcome to Iron Cross Automotive. We produce American Made Step Products and Bumpers. American Made = American Jobs!

I dont know why auto customs calls them "stealth" but they do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAnfi7ZlECs

I did not help him install them, but from looking at them they have a slot that the mount goes into so it looks like there is some limited ability to move them in and out for your taste/needs. Check out the video, I think they look amazing on the tundra the use. My dads f150 has more gap between the frame rails and then board and im not sure if that is because of the mounting hole location is different between the two truck or what. Possibly the tundra has a bit of a trim skirt on the bottom as part of the design, you can see it flairs a bit near the weels. I do know that he was sent the wrong mounting hardware from where ever he bought it from (not from iron cross) and had some issues, so he does still need to adjust them as one is about 1/2 inch off from straight. but like I said, it looks to be slightly adjustable.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the link test! I know you can lower the vehicle but a step would be great for kids or when I just flat out forget that lowering it is an option.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the nfab 3 step wheel-to-wheel steps on my black rebel. They look awesome...expecially when its jacked up! Overall, I'm happy with them. On the off road mode, its an easy step into the truck. Don't buy these nerf bars if you weigh more than 250...they have some flex.

·
Registered
18 Posts
And...if you're buying nerf bars make sure the mounting brackets fit the rebel, not just the ram 1500. For some reason they have different bolting. Just found this out after ordering a pair of Westin Nerf Bars. The shop had to return them. May just go without.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i added the mopar molded running boards in black. The black is actually a metallic paint finish that is the same color as the 2 black colored paint on my red/black rebel.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts