Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone looking for some opinions if you don't mind.

I am torn between ordering a new Rebel Black edition in Granite Crystal or the Blue Streak Pearl. I want some contrast as opposed to just Black and like the murdered out look which is why I was leaning towards the Granite Crystal to give that offset. Have not seen a Black Edition Granite Crystal Rebel in person only internet pics with black wheels.

Went to look at a Blue Streak (Black Edition) today and like the nice contrast with the Black stripe at the bottom and other trim pieces but feel their is a purplish tinge to the Blue. I like blues and saw a Jeep with a Hydro Blue that looked awesome, if that was the color I would not even be posting.

Has anyone seen the Blue Streak in person or bought one, I would like some opinions.

Thanks

I was able to fool the system into putting a link in (not enough posts to put links in normal way). Take the () away from www and don't copy [/url. You can then just select what remains and put it into a browser.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some links for comaparison
Granite Blacked out
(www).ramrebel.org/threads/pictures-of-after-market-rims-on-your-rebel.496/page-3]Pictures[/url] of after market rims on your Rebel | Page 3 | Ram Rebel Forum[/url
Blue Streak Black Edition
i.ytimg.com/vi/9t2LbAXFYcw/maxresdefault.jpg[/url

·
Registered
52 Posts
Personally I will never own another black vehicle again. They look beautiful with cleaned up, but holy **** its a constant up hill battle.

Reactions: lmeavtitn

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a granite one. Its great. right amount of blackout but hides dirt well.. you can't go wrong with either option though.. I went with granite because truck is sporty but it is also nice enough to take the wife to a fancy dinner... to me the granite is a little more versatile. if that makes sense.

ps feel special it's my first post :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Myself and my youngest boy are leaning towards granite. Oldest boy and my Pop, Red. None of us liked the Blue as much in person. I have never had such a hard time deciding on a color. Gut tells me granite. Wife tells me not to spend money :). Red looks cool but is loud.

I agree with the last post. Granite is sporty but neutral, I got what you meant. I am up for something different but am afraid of regretting a bright color. Have already had white, silver, and black vehicles so was looking for a change.

Put names of colors in hat??? :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I could be wrong, but it looks like the INTERIOR of the Blue Streak is different from what you get in the Granite Crystal. The Blue Streak comes with all black interior where the Granite Crystal truck comes with the original black & burnt red interior.

I absolutely LOVE my black/red interior!!!!! The dual colors really differentiate the truck from all others. This is my opinion.

Regarding exterior, although I have the Flame Red exterior, my 1st choice was Granite Crystal but none were available at my time of purchase in July 2015. It really matches best with the red/black interior. The dash has some silver/grey parts that match with the exterior as well.

Summary- Blue Steak is a great color, but the disadvantage is the interior. I'd go with Granite!

You said Red is "Loud". Let me remind you that this is the Rebel! Be a Rebel!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Personally I will never own another black vehicle again. They look beautiful with cleaned up, but holy **** its a constant up hill battle.
And if you live in a state that has snow, black will look like crap all winter long.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. The more I think about and talk to people I am leaning towards the Granite with the black edition which comes with the black interior accents.

By the way you can order the Rebel's now with the black/red interior or black/grey interior, regardless of exterior color choice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my granite exterior rebel and absolutely love it. Black with red trim interior is just killer looking. I'd recommend it highly and it really is a bad ass looking truck and luxurious looking inside

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys for the input. I tried to order a 2017 Rebel yesterday but was unable to select options I wanted due the factories beginning to tool down and get ready for the 2018's.

However, I was able to find a 2017 Granite Crystal 2 tone that had pretty much the options I wanted. I plan on painting my wheels black and blacking out my front skid plate to make my own Black Edition. So I will most assuredly be posting up questions and eventually some pics.

Can't pick it up until Monday but am really looking forward to getting it. Long two days. :) Been a long time without a truck and really like the Rebel. They seem like pretty awesome trucks.

Basic specs are running boards, spray in liner, led bed lights, black interior, NAV, trailer sway control, and sun roof. That's pretty much the jist.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I second that!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts