Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Those look very helpful indeed, but it should be a standard thing that they have. I don't see why not ?!
I see why some people like them. I don't want one particularly. I remove the gate when dumping rocks, gravel, mulch, etc. It's quick and easy. I think it should be an option if anything.

They also seem to have a high failure rate. The cylinders have been known to fail after only a few uses.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Adding to that its just about the more value they can add to the truck all at a the lowest cost to them, which is unlike having to redesign something complex. This isn't that hard on a manufacturing level from a large brand. Plus often it's these little things that add up and really make a difference.

·
Registered
436 Posts
True.. didn't think of it in the cost perspective of it. Didn't know they were that drastically unreliable either, that's annoying as heck

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think if anything, the least to could do is have the nut sert a standard, that was biggest PITA!!!. For me I have 2 small boys, who are pretty crazy when they want to be and always climbing and been crazy. For such a cheap mod I see it as a safety device too if they decide to pull handle when under it too and not get a nasty bang on head, this can help with less of an injury.

167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those look very helpful indeed, but it should be a standard thing that they have. I don't see why not ?!
Absolutely should be a standard item on any truck. From a reliability standpoint, I have used mine many, many times with no issue. Perhaps different brands have had issues?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts