Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Mopar has never chosen a pickup truck to turn into their annual special edition vehicle until now. This year they have decided to add their own touch to the 2016 Ram Rebel.

Known as the Mopar ’16 Ram Rebel, this accessory package will set you back $53,655 which includes a $1,195 destination charge. That’s a bit under $10,000 more than the Rebel’s MSRP but, for that price buyers will be getting a bevy of accessories including an aluminum dual bezel hood with matte-black graphic, wheel flares, 17-inch satin-black wheels, interior aluminum accents and badging, side steps, spray-in bedliner, trifold tonneau cover with a Ram logo, front skid plates, 17-inch satin-black wheels, and special Mopar graphics along the truck sides. Not too bad considering that a similarly equipped Rebel only costs around $2750 less than the Mopar ’16 Ram Rebel.

Under the new hood is the standard 5.7-liter V-8 engine paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. Although the package does not come with performance upgrades, special edition buyers can opt for additional dealer-installed features like a cold air intake or a cat-back exhaust system.

Upon delivery, Mopar ’16 Ram Rebel owners will receive a Ram-branded tool bag and a special metal certificate that details the truck’s specs and manufacturing date.

Available in either Brilliant Black or a two-tone Flame Red/Brilliant Black, only 500 units of the limited edition Rebel will be sold. So far, all of their previous limited edition vehicles have sold out so we can expect to see these flying off the lots.

·
Registered
6 Posts
not a fan of these side steps, literally makes the truck look like it lost a decent amount of clearance.

Also come on FCA/Mopar wheres the signature "Plum Crazy", "Bright Green", "General Lee Orange"? If you're literally making just 500 special edition trucks stop with the dollar store looking decal on the side, and put exotic colors.

·
Registered
39 Posts
not a fan of these side steps, literally makes the truck look like it lost a decent amount of clearance.

Also come on FCA/Mopar wheres the signature "Plum Crazy", "Bright Green", "General Lee Orange"? If you're literally making just 500 special edition trucks stop with the dollar store looking decal on the side, and put exotic colors.
Totally agree... well said. I guess mine is nearly a limited edition! I just need stupid a$$ ground clearance reducing side steps and a butt ugly blue stripe (yellow would have been slightly better). A limited edition should be truly unique and not something that Joe-Blow can piece meal together in a weekend.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Are those 35's?? They seem bigger than the stock 285-70r17...

I guess I have a Limited edition too minus the fugly steps and blue stripe! Just need to work on some plastidip for the front skid plate and the wheels hehe!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Not worth it IMO. may as well use that 10k and make your Rebel similar to LEBER's. Looks way better, probably cheaper to make all those mods and it doesn't look like you lose as much ground clearance as the Mopar model. Just buy the old air intake or cat-back exhaust system separately and save some money if you really want them.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Not worth it IMO. may as well use that 10k and make your Rebel similar to LEBER's. Looks way better, probably cheaper to make all those mods and it doesn't look like you lose as much ground clearance as the Mopar model. Just buy the old air intake or cat-back exhaust system separately and save some money if you really want them.
Adding to that, it helps being part of this community since it makes finding parts and ideas on what to do that much easier that going it alone.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Mopar's Rebel seems to be more for those not in a community like this one and they don't have people to ask questions to. Someone here can probably slap on parts similar to the Mopar limited edition onto their Rebel for a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Mopar's Rebel seems to be more for those not in a community like this one and they don't have people to ask questions to. Someone here can probably slap on parts similar to the Mopar limited edition onto their Rebel for a lot cheaper.
Simply put, the Rebel is the enthusiast truck, the type of enthusiast that goes looking for information and stays on top of what's going on. The type that will buy truck magazines.

Most of the rest are for those that JUST like trucks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Literally, the only different between my rebel and this one is the decal on the side and the flares. Otherwise, identical if mine were red. I have my wheels blacked out already (will be knocking out the skid plate this week(end). Otherwise, no difference. Looks like they are trying to follow the Ford way of thinking. "Let's charge customers for the upgrades for performance/looks at the manufacturer level and rip them off while allowing them to retain their warranty."

·
Registered
436 Posts
If there was any performance benefits at all, this may have been justifiable. But there isn't.. so this is just.. well fail essentially.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts