Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went in to the local dealership last month looking for a 2500 Cummins and ended up leaving with a black Mopar Edition Rebel instead. They wouldn't give in to my price on the diesel but they would on the Rebel so I took it.

It came with bed liner (from my experience on my old 13 Sport the factory bed liner is soft and mushy compared to Line-X), fender flares, expensive stickers, tonneau cover (gonna sell it and replace it with a Diamondback, had one on my last truck and loved it), and the standard list of other goodies on the Mopar Edition.

So far I have added a Mopar CAI, Magnaflow black cat-back, Duraflap mudflaps and added stripes on the hood.

Contemplating adding a Diablo tuner in the future.

Here are some pics from yesterday, she is a little dirty

Attachments

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I like the hood stripes! They compliment the blue stripes down the sides. Congrats on your truck purchase!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Love the blue hood stripes but I terribly despise the side pinstriping. That being said, overall, beautiful truck man, congratulations !

That pupp is sure gonna look great in there as well !

What are your thoughts on it so far though ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NOt a big fan of the blue hood stripes.\
I like the hood stripes! They compliment the blue stripes down the sides.
Love the blue hood stripes but I terribly despise the side pinstriping.
Lol, Thanks? I put them on my last Ram and loved the look so went with a matching color this time.

What are your thoughts on it so far though ?
So far I love it, but I've never had a Dodge / Ram that I have had any major issues with so I have a bit of a preconceived bias for all things Mopar. The ride, handling and gpm on my old 2013 Sport was a bit better but that also had 20" wheels and rubber with Bilsteins on all 4 corners. I'm sure if I set this one up with 20's it would be almost or just as good. Another thing is the gpm's, right now my gpm is in the 13.5's to 14.5's but a lot of that has to due with me being a child and stomping on it every time i accelerate so I can hear the magnaflow. I used to get qround 16 -17's in the 2013.

Here is a pic of my old girl that I traded in on this one

Attachments

·
Registered
462 Posts
The only thing i would do is add some blue lug nuts it just has to be the right color so it doesn't come off as looking like something that belongs on a tuner car.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Lol seems like you've received all 3 possible responses to the "striping" haha ! But hey, to each their own. That's why we do it :)

Your old 2013 Sport looks pretty darn fresh ! I like it. What kind of rims are those ?

Once you have any sort of aftermarket exhaust, the child in all of us comes out. Or rather, once we can hear the symphony of our beasts, the "composer" in us is revealed ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol seems like you've received all 3 possible responses to the "striping" haha ! But hey, to each their own. That's why we do it :)

Your old 2013 Sport looks pretty darn fresh ! I like it. What kind of rims are those ?

Once you have any sort of aftermarket exhaust, the child in all of us comes out. Or rather, once we can hear the symphony of our beasts, the "composer" in us is revealed ;)
For some reason the wife doesn't appreciate the sweet music as much as I do. ;)

The wheels are 20" Dropstar 645 MB's

·
Registered
147 Posts
Looking good. I have been thinking about the magnaflow exhaust, but I would like to know how bad it sounds when the mds kicks in. I put a magnaflow system on my 07 Ram, and when the mds kicked in, it sounded like crap. I ended up getting a tuner to turn the mds off, then it sounded great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts