Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine do not light up. I pretty much relay on feel. When I'm backing, I'm still not in the habit of looking in my camera for more than a safety check. To align with a parking space (I back in), I lower the passenger mirror. It's all by feel. What DOES piss me off if that the setting (passenger/driver) is not saved after power off/on. With the old manual switch, I could set it on passenger and it would stay there.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I don't think it would be too hard to get them to light up though if you wanted to put in the time!

·
Registered
660 Posts
I keep my mirrors so that I can always see the ground - just barely - at the back of the truck on both sides, and just at the edge of both sides of the truck. That gives me a view of all vehicles around me, and good views of the blind spots and lanes next to me. It means I don't see the tops of taller vehicles, but I see the road and horizon in all directions. I don't care what other vehicles behind me look like anyway, just want to know where they are.

The most I ever need to do then is lean a half inch if I'm backing up.

After a year and a half with mine, I still don't use the backup camera much, either. Plus I don't want to depend on it.

One time I thought it would come in handy backing up to offload some large items strapped in the back. But I was backing up with the tailgate down. The camera was totally useless, of course. All I could see was the ground underneath the truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts