Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I have had my red/black 2016 Rebel for a month now and just love the thing! It can climb hills like billy goat on roids!

Did anyone know if the push and hold the antislip for ten seconds you will completely lock out the axle? You will see a flash on the instrument cluster when it completely shuts down. My salesman told me about the trick.

·
Registered
451 Posts
In 4wd HI, holding down the traction control button for ten seconds completely disables the traction control system and ABS. It does not change anything else in or along the drive line. Only in 4wd HI. 4WD LOW does it automatically.

I love the ASD rear on the Rebel, I've never taken off without the rear locking in posi, just an awesome setup for the average joe.

Salesmen and even people in the shop are completely cluesless most often. I had the shop forman at my dealership lie right to my face and argue that my Rebel had the BW 44-44 transfer case... needless to say after that and discovering that they didn't top up my diff fluid after my R59 recall repair I will be changing dealerships for my service needs.

·
Registered
451 Posts
What a jerk.....why in the heck would he say that? Like I really care.....
Laziness, god forbid incompetent or any other asinine reason a shop foreman would argue and lie to a customer. Just had to share with everyone because I believe that it's a cancer in the auto sales industry, bad service after purchase, and we have to educate ourselves and each other so we can help them improve and more importantly, not get ripped off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm brand new to the forum, but have enjoyed reading everyone's posts on their modifications and experiences with the Rebel. I just placed my order for one two weeks ago. Of course, now that my order has been placed, I realized I forgot to add the ASD option on my build. I called my dealer to try to modify my order, but he claims that it is too late to make the change as the build had already began.

I don't plan to do any major off-road driving or much heavy towing, but I do live in Missouri with snow and ice. Is the lack of ASD worthy of me canceling the order? Has anyone else had experience with their dealer claiming it is already too late to modify things? While it is certainly my brain "fart" forgetting to add it, I would have hoped he could change things up since I still have 4+ weeks before delivery (and I'm on no time constraint to even get it by then if I needed to wait longer).

Thanks, in advance, for your insight!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm brand new to the forum, but have enjoyed reading everyone's posts on their modifications and experiences with the Rebel. I just placed my order for one two weeks ago. Of course, now that my order has been placed, I realized I forgot to add the ASD option on my build. I called my dealer to try to modify my order, but he claims that it is too late to make the change as the build had already began.

I don't plan to do any major off-road driving or much heavy towing, but I do live in Missouri with snow and ice. Is the lack of ASD worthy of me canceling the order? Has anyone else had experience with their dealer claiming it is already too late to modify things? While it is certainly my brain "fart" forgetting to add it, I would have hoped he could change things up since I still have 4+ weeks before delivery (and I'm on no time constraint to even get it by then if I needed to wait longer).

Thanks, in advance, for your insight!
You can always add an LSD at a later date.. it just costs quite a bit more..

You can get an LSD for 550 or so with the master install kit.. you are looking at probably 500 to install (maybe less in the states, I had it quoted here in Canada)..

I am actually hopeful that Eaton releases a Detroit Truetrac for the 9.25ZF... That would be much better than the stock LSD.. I would stay clear of the Auburn gear LSD until they sort out the issues of them failing in months....

I figure I will wait till the beginning of the fall before starting to look at this seriously again..

remember, even without LSD, if you need both wheels to turn, just use the brakes.. and the traction control on these trucks won't leave you spinning one wheel on snow.. it will supposedly also apply brakes to the spinning wheel to make the other one work as well...

Very well designed system even without the LSD installed...

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can always add an LSD at a later date.. it just costs quite a bit more..

You can get an LSD for 550 or so with the master install kit.. you are looking at probably 500 to install (maybe less in the states, I had it quoted here in Canada)..

I am actually hopeful that Eaton releases a Detroit Truetrac for the 9.25ZF... That would be much better than the stock LSD.. I would stay clear of the Auburn gear LSD until they sort out the issues of them failing in months....

I figure I will wait till the beginning of the fall before starting to look at this seriously again..

remember, even without LSD, if you need both wheels to turn, just use the brakes.. and the traction control on these trucks won't leave you spinning one wheel on snow.. it will supposedly also apply brakes to the spinning wheel to make the other one work as well...

Very well designed system even without the LSD installed...
+1
these trucks have the electronic lsd system just like every other truck on the market.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.