Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone i hope you are all safe.I used to own ram limited 2017 but now I bought new 2020 ram rebel but i had some issues. I didn't have these issues with the ram limited

1- The engine fans go crazy loud when driving in high speed. I didn't notice other cars showing this behavior. average temperature 45 to 55 c in Kuwait but still other cars don't have loud fan noise.

2- The air condition is poor hot. i have to rotate the numb to 4 bars to get it cold. My old ram limited was way cooler.

3- when driving some times i hear like wind noise for short time. I feel like there is shutter opens and closes.

do you have this issues?

Thank you for reading and sorry for my English :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can address some of your concerns.
Yes.. the AC in these trucks isn't as good as the older ones. Chrysler switched from R134a refrigerant to a new EPA friendly R1234 refrigerant.... and it sucks. There is a way to cool it down a bit more. Google "5'th Gen RAM AC hack" and you will see. I did it to mine and it dropped the temperature at the vents by about 9 degrees. Doesn't sound like much, but it's an amazing difference.
Yes.. there is a shutter door that opens when driving with the AC on Recirculate at highway speeds. I am told that it is so that the AC coils don't ice over. It lets outside air inside the coils for a minute or two. I personally don't think with the way this AC is too warm that there is any worry about the coils icing over. Thanks Chrysler. :(
I also run the fan up to 4, sometimes 5 for awhile. Most of the posts I've seen on forums say that they do the same. You are not alone.
As for the engine cooling fans going crazy? I don't know really. I can say that when it is 90+ F here in the states, if the truck gets up to around 220 deg F the engine fans will run full bore til the engine gets back down to a cooler temp. If I'm doing my math correctly, 55C is 130F... that's pretty **** hot. I would say your fans going crazy is normal to keep your engine from overheating.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can address some of your concerns.
Yes.. the AC in these trucks isn't as good as the older ones. Chrysler switched from R134a refrigerant to a new EPA friendly R1234 refrigerant.... and it sucks. There is a way to cool it down a bit more. Google "5'th Gen RAM AC hack" and you will see. I did it to mine and it dropped the temperature at the vents by about 9 degrees. Doesn't sound like much, but it's an amazing difference.
Yes.. there is a shutter door that opens when driving with the AC on Recirculate at highway speeds. I am told that it is so that the AC coils don't ice over. It lets outside air inside the coils for a minute or two. I personally don't think with the way this AC is too warm that there is any worry about the coils icing over. Thanks Chrysler. :(
I also run the fan up to 4, sometimes 5 for awhile. Most of the posts I've seen on forums say that they do the same. You are not alone.
As for the engine cooling fans going crazy? I don't know really. I can say that when it is 90+ F here in the states, if the truck gets up to around 220 deg F the engine fans will run full bore til the engine gets back down to a cooler temp. If I'm doing my math correctly, 55C is 130F... that's pretty **** hot. I would say your fans going crazy is normal to keep your engine from overheating.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for your response. I went to the dealer and they conform everything you said. Regarding the fan noise they also confirm your theory it is extremly hot in Kuwait. Also, they said rock tires with the fan makes the truck even noiser . I will look for the AC haks online. I am wondring if adding noise dembing material would that solve the noise issue could you please recomand a brand?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts