Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as stated in my title I'm looking to choose between both cars. I currently drive a 09' Mercedes Benz 4matic C300 and am looking to go American. These are the two vehicles I'm looking to choose between so I figured I'd ask some questions here.

First and foremost, has anyone taken off the 'RAM' badge from the back of their car? Black on black doesn't seem so bad, but I still find it obnoxious nevertheless..

Second, how's the handling? I drive a basic 2014 Ram 1500 at work and the steering is iffy. Is it loose, tight?

Third, probably not the right place to ask but has anyone heard anything about the handling on the challenger? Sorry just having a tough time choosing between the two. My main concern is gonna be giving up the AWD for a RWD.

So is the Rebel worth the price tag and over the sexy look of the challenger?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You can't really remove the rear Ram badge. There are holes behind them, 2 for each letter so if you remove them you'll have to plug up or cover them somehow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
im not really sure what to say to this. they are two very different vehicles for very different purposes. do you need or want to go off road? do you need/want to be able to tow or haul things? the rebel is the vehicle of choice between the two. but if you want a stylish muscle car that sacrifices practical day to day conveniences go with the challenger.

you can always get a charger if you want AWD as an option.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If it is not possible at this moment. I will go with REBEL. PRETTY FUN TRUCK.

Reactions: RAMageddon

·
Registered
660 Posts
Haven't found the Rebel steering to be loose or "iffy" although one or two people have reported that over time. There are a lot of people contributing to this forum, so I don't think that's significant, other than they may need some problem tweaked.

Having driven a lot of sports cars (but not a recent Challenger) and a lot of trucks over 5 decades of driving, I find the Rebel just fine. Best handling of any truck I've ever driven. But the vehicle is not a sports car and cannot be compared at that level. It's just fun to own.

As far as badging goes, I grew up when big brand badges on tailgates were the norm. I don't find them a problem at all. There were those years when a lot of folks debadged their foreign rides to avoid irritating their communities and unions, especially as Detroit was starting to build outside of America. Honestly, I've never seen a badge as justification for not buying a vehicle I liked.

Tough choice, but the question really is: which do you like the most?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Rebel or Challenger? That is not a question i've seen before. I'd assume you could just answer: " truck or car?" and you'd have your answer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Funny, I was doing the same thing before ordering my Rebel (which apparently is at the dealership today or arriving in the morning tomorrow)..

It was down to a 2011 Nissan GTR Alpha7 and the Rebel.. Rebel won out since I already have a car and thought a truck would be an interesting change of pace.. (and would slow me down a bit so I don't get caught speeding quite so often) Not to mention the GTR was heavily modified (Alpha7 kit) and would be without warranty..

I don't think you will be disappointed with the Rebel with the 5.7..

:D

Unless the challenger you were looking at was a hellcat.. then I would vote hellcat..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts