Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
Been doing research on this truck. Ive got a few questions for u who already have one.

First off, how do u like the air suspension? I think that it is a fantastic feature, but wondering how it is in real world situations.

For those with the Hemi, whats your mpg's so far? Im sure its tough to keep your foot from getting into it....lol. Plus, im sure no one is really broken in yet. But im still curious.

Do u guys find the 5.7 box big enough? Seems small...esp with the cargo boxes.

Brings me to a few observations....which makes me think Ram is a lil crazy....

Crew cab with small bed only option....wtf?
Interior color only one option...wtf?
Anti spin diff not standard? On an offroad truck....wtf?
Instrument cluster specifically made for the Rebel not standard....wtf?
Cant get cargo boxes AND sunroof....whats up with that?
Last one I dont care about too much cuz I dont think id want a sunroof....but its still weird.

Honestly, I very rarely carry passengers so the crew cab is a total waste for me....might be a dealbreaker. Unless its ample room back there with seats up for plenty of fishing and canping gear.

Thnx for listening to my rant...lol.

Please let me know about my questions.

Thnx guys

Btw, ive been keeping my eye on a black one locally. Msrp at 53120....marked down to 43740. Might jump on it...but want to be sure first....never spent that much on a vehicle. Gotta get my ducks in line....

·
Registered
231 Posts
air suspension- i love it. rides amazing, and the entry/exit mode is pretty convenient.

Mpg - right now averaging about 17mpg on short trips to work (9 miles, mostly highway) but i believe i could get close to 20 on a long trip.

Cargo box - all i care about is hauling a dirtbike and it does that. so it works for me. but i also dont have ram boxes.

crew cab - the space in the back is big, if you use the fold flat floor, there is amazing amount of room

hope this helps

·
Registered
176 Posts
1. Air Suspension is AWESOME! From the auto leveling, to the smooth ride- it's awesome.
2. MPG - This is all over the place depending on different situations. I'm averaging 14.9 with 99% of that low city speeds with LOTS of traffic. But, it's getting better everyday.
3. The 5.7 box with the ram boxes is PLENTY of room.
4. Smaller box looks better- that's why it's there.
5. This is a special edition interior. No, there aren't options, but you don't need any. It's friggin great!
6. Anti-spin is an option because, believe it or not, the majority of offroad truck owners never need it.....****, most of them never go offroad.
7. The instrument cluster is only $150....but it's worth every penny.
8. No, you can't get the sunroof with the ram boxes due to gross weight restrictions.
9. The back seats hide away nicely if you just prefer to use that space for storage.
10. $43,740 is a GREAT deal! I paid $45,120 with the same MSRP and would do it all over again.....Go get it!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
air suspension- i love it. rides amazing, and the entry/exit mode is pretty convenient.

Mpg - right now averaging about 17mpg on short trips to work (9 miles, mostly highway) but i believe i could get close to 20 on a long trip.

Cargo box - all i care about is hauling a dirtbike and it does that. so it works for me. but i also dont have ram boxes.

crew cab - the space in the back is big, if you use the fold flat floor, there is amazing amount of room

hope this helps
Ditto on all of the above. Love the air suspension, also helps when loading/unloading the bed or lowering the hitch on to my trailer. Plus its kind of fun to play with and watch people go 'What the...?!'

For me the bed size is just about right, I can get my ATV in there and I don't have the Ram boxes but that's on purpose. My MPG is very similar to Seeareeff's after 1,200 miles. I work up in the Rockies/South Park area every week or two at 10,000 ft and round trip mileage back to the Denver area is 20 mpg which I consider pretty good compared to my former Hemi Durango.

$10k off a $53k well-loaded Rebel sounds like a great deal to me. Make that move!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got a closer look...still no test drive yet.
Still wish had the 6.4 box but after getting a close up look, the smaller box would be fine.
Lots of storage space in the back seat with seats up too....like the fold out floor. Wonder how much weight it holds?

Im really liking what im seeing guys....hopefully the test drive goes well.
Might pull the trigger depending on what theyll give me for my trade.

Ill let u guys know.

Thnx for the responses

·
Registered
254 Posts
Actually we're not sure about the boxes and sunroof... seems to be a few out there which have both... bed lighting is now included with Ram Boxes... are you wondering about how much payload you can run in the cab? If its just you take max occupancy rating and minus your weight... Or I believe you can do similar with GVWR...

·
Registered
555 Posts
Actually we're not sure about the boxes and sunroof... seems to be a few out there which have both... bed lighting is now included with Ram Boxes... are you wondering about how much payload you can run in the cab? If its just you take max occupancy rating and minus your weight... Or I believe you can do similar with GVWR...
Never realized that, always thought that it was one or the other and I know there are those that want both, I know I would.
Were there owners here that had both?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well I got a closer look...still no test drive yet.
Still wish had the 6.4 box but after getting a close up look, the smaller box would be fine.
Lots of storage space in the back seat with seats up too....like the fold out floor. Wonder how much weight it holds?

Im really liking what im seeing guys....hopefully the test drive goes well.
Might pull the trigger depending on what theyll give me for my trade.

Ill let u guys know.

Thnx for the responses
Regarding your trade, DO YOUR HOMEWORK! You want to be in a position to tell the dealer what you want for your trade. The sales prices is good, so if your trade in estimate YOU come up with is reasonable, the dealer should make the deal. I used Edmunds.com to find my trade in value. THE WORST thing you could do is show up not knowing the value.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts