Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2018 Rebel with the original Toyo tires. I will be towing our travel trailer with this truck. I am looking for suggestions for replacement tires with less off road tread since it will be on paved highways most of the time. We live in the southeastern US so while we occasionally get snow and ice it isn't a big concern.
I have alway run Firestone Transforce HT 10 ply tires on my Suburban 2500 and like the feel of them when towing and not towing.
A full highway tread tire may not look so great on a truck designed for off road though. Have any of you used a more highway friendly tire on your Rebel and can offer suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i recently changed from Goodyear Wrangler to the Nitto Ridge Grappler and it is a smooth and quiet ride in the highway, even for an off-road tire. I’m averaging 17 MPG bs 14 with the Wranglers. I also went with the 295 17R70 bs the 285 to get a slightly bigger tire but still have the stock 17” wheels. I have 2” wheels spacers so the big tires look great; I get a very minor rub Indi crank the wheel but that will change once i install a lift...which is why I came to this forum in the first place! Here’s how the tires look:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts