Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have swapped over to summer SR-A tires on my rebel (20"rims) and was trying to figure out how to make the TPMS sensor happy or disable it so I can run 38psi like the normal Ram1500's do

My first thought was to create some sort of container that I can just put 4 tpms sensors inside and pressurize it to 50psi so the lights go away. Anyone have any ideas what I could make something like that out of? Or has anyone finally discovered how to reprogram the computer to accept that lower psi. Seems foolish of RAM to require us to run a 10ply tire that can withstand 55psi all the time.

·
Read Only
108 Posts
You'd need two containers since the front and rear sensors want different pressures and will go off if they are more than 5 psi + or -. The system blows since I never took air out from the winter and my truck was flashing the tire light since they went to high.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have swapped over to summer SR-A tires on my rebel (20"rims) ....Seems foolish of RAM to require us to run a 10ply tire that can withstand 55psi all the time.

The Rebel is geared toward offroad where the 10 ply tires can take more of a beating, especially the sidewalls. With 20" rims and P rated summer tires, it seems like you should have purchased a regular 1500.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply guys. Its not as annoying as I was worried it might be but I would rather not have to reset my screen each time I start the truck. I ended up with the rebel due to the lease deal it had. Definitely not the truck I should have bought but on a lease for me its all about the payment. I wanted the air ride suspension, moonroof and dual power seats. The Limited was $140 a month more at the time

·
Registered
660 Posts
The air suspension is probably the one feature more Rebel owners would rather get rid of and just have a slightly higher stock lift. :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Better be on your toes if you take it somewhere for an oil change or some other routine maintenance. If not, you might get a nasty surprise on the ride home after the tech puts 55/45psi in the SRAs.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Just throw then in your spare tire. Or you can make a "tpms" bomb. You can throw all the sensors in the same container or spare tire as the tpms light will only illuminate if it's low. So of you inflate the container to 55 you'll be good as all 4 sensors will ready the 55 psi and you'll be within the parameters for the sensors.

I wouldn't advise running passenger tires on your truck though...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Some TPMS sensors go to sleep to conserve battery life, not sure if ours do. The PVC trick may not work as it's the rotation that wakes them up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts