Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Rebels,

Since the introduction of the Rebel Concept in early 2015 I have been a prospective buyer. 3 to 4 weeks ago I bit the bullet and purchased a 2015 Rebel and I do not regret the purchase. I did buy the vehicle used with about 18K miles on it but the previous owner kept the vehicle in great condition with minor wear on the interior. My previous truck was a 2012 1500 SLT with the Rambox so it was not much of an upgrade. One thing I did not like about the 2012 was the copious amounts of the use of different colors in the interior so I was happy to find that the Rebel had a standard color scheme and it was even more pleasing that it was Red/Black with is the theme I went with on my previous truck. Again I am really happy with my purchase and I cannot wait to get to modding the truck some more. My current mods are minor but include the Dee Zee tailgate assist (which should be standard), LED interior/exterior lights, as well as AVS in-channel low pro vent shades.

One thing that I did notice before purchasing the truck was the lack of Rebels on the road. After purchasing it was Grand Theft Auto where once you get into a rare vehicle, they all start to show up everywhere you look. I am active duty military and one night after pulling out of the parking lot to go home from work I noticed 4 other trucks like mine, when before I never saw them on base.

Because of its rarity, this vehicle turns heads and grabs peoples attention when going down the road.

Keep being the Rebels you are and I look forward to the future mods we all have planned.

Reactions: johnj

·
Registered
436 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on pulling the trigger.

I know exactly what you're talking about with the reference to GTA though ! Happens to me all the darn time.. really bothers me lol

Can't wait to see some photos though :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congrats on the new Rebel! 18K miles is not bad and the rebel model is still relatively new. How much did you end up getting it for?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on the new Rebel! 18K miles is not bad and the rebel model is still relatively new. How much did you end up getting it for?
Thanks. Because I traded in my other truck, out the door I think it was around 39K. But because it is a certified pre-owned, I got the 7 year, 100K mile bumper to bumper warranty included. Which I gotta say was better than the warranty I got when I bought my 2012 brand new. That was only a 3 year, 30K mile powertrain warranty.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
First off, thank you for your service!

Congrats on your new truck! Yeah, I am convinced that I was the first Rebel owner in Nebraska. I bought the first one from my local dealership right after it rolled off the transport truck. Love my Rebel and everyone else on the road seem to like it too. It's actually funny because I get quite a bit of waves and honks driving down the road from fellow Ram owners.

Reactions: emergency_ram12

·
Registered
680 Posts
After you buy a certain model, it's like you're beer goggles have been lifted and you suddenly see them everywhere. The 7 year, 100K mile bumper to bumper warranty should be more than enough to cover any problems until you trade it in a for a new one. That's a really great deal!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After you buy a certain model, it's like you're beer goggles have been lifted and you suddenly see them everywhere. The 7 year, 100K mile bumper to bumper warranty should be more than enough to cover any problems until you trade it in a for a new one. That's a really great deal!
Yeah I figured I had my other truck for 4 years and it had 36,000 miles on it and that was two trips to Tennessee and it being a daily driver. I will probably get to 7 years before I ever reach 100K.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts